1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Contrary Commentary

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by Contrary, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Aight so my other thread will be for music video kind of things and here I'll do commentary and stuff I guess. So criticize, laugh condescendingly, etc here.

hierbo, Piano, I3lue and 11 others like this.
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I like. :)

Talking & playing at the same time is hard, haha. Only real criticism is that things seemed to be a bit too zoomed in-- such that we couldn't really see the names on the scoreboard etc.

3. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

:3 nice video cont :)

CrystalClear likes this.
  4. Contrary

Hey thanks for the feedback guys. I'll see if I can make more videos soonishly.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Coolio. :)

Also, just thought I'd mention that on rewatching your choice of background music (what you happened to be listening to at the time?) was good as ever. :note:

6. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Also I suggest bumming up the quality of the video, for some reasdon 720p didnt look so pretty

7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Nice, @Contrary, waiting for more commentrary :).

8. Contrary

@FBB Thanks! I actually wasn't listening to any music at the time in order to cut down on lag in the recording. I was also using SCoM instead of Bandicam to help on that front, which doesn't record sound unless you pay.

@Digger101 Yeah part of that is VideoPad being a junk program and also because as mentioned before I'm using a lesser recording program so my computer can keep up. I definitely agree there is a deficit in quality and I'll be working hard on fixing it.

I've been working hard today preparing a big family dinner (which I should be going back to in a sec) but here is a quick clip I was able to put together this morning. The clip is short and I am even more quiet as usual as I was trying not to wake people but mainly I want to see if this makes a difference in the quality and if its better to be zoomed out completely so you can see everything. So enjoy and leave a comment if there's anything you can think of that would help me improve.

I'll need to be getting back to my family now but I'll try to put out another video tonight.

Piano, Bint, I3lue and 3 others like this.
  9. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Now I'm reading everything in your voice, fuck.

Cool commentary.

10. Classic is still better :kappa:

Piano, I3lue and Kingmit like this.
  11. FuzzyBlueBaron

For the first part of the video I wasn't sure about it being zoomed out, but then it finished loading in 720p and all was good. Again, nice music & your voice is as smexy as ever. :):thumbs_up:

AcidSeth likes this.
  12. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

nop :3

Digger101 and Contrary like this.
  13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Oh Contrary, remember your Revenge on Me? God that was amazing.

14. Kingmit

Kingmit Shipwright

very nice Contary I like them :)

CrystalClear likes this.
  15. Contrary

I'm really struggling with trying to provide a proper format for the content of my videos. I've recorded several hours of footage/commentary but I can't really find a game that I find really suitable for a video. 90% of my gameplay is me gathering bombs at base, traveling to the frontlines and launching myself at their base repeatedly, killing a few guys then dying. I usually break through their roof several times and get into their hall before being turned into shredded knight avec bombs. Then even after all that I might not even be the person who caps the final hall.

I find this to be the most fun way to play but I think it's probably quite monotonous to watch especially with the relatively frequent deaths and refueling process ruining the flow of the video. What do you guys think? Right now my ideal type of video would be 4-10 minutes long with lots of nice crunchy montage-worthy moments and with me getting several caps (including the final one), but having such a specific target is proving to be difficult. Maybe the videos would be better to watch if I tried more for long kill streaks, prowling the front lines but not overextending. Let me know what you guys think.

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

Hmm. Maybe try mixing it up? Like, do some blitzkrieg, do a little prowling for kills, try for getting a catapult up and laying out some castle smackdown, etc. Even if you don't succeed in some of those, trying bold stuff and talking about it as it's happening is always interesting.

Guitarman likes this.
  17. Contrary

Yeah that sounds good, I really appreciate the feedback FBB.

Here is a video I recorded this morning. I will be trying to mix it up more like you were saying in future videos.

Also on the zoom/quality front I've tried a few things and I think that I'm going to try to find a decent software and zoom in/out as needed. I really do like zooming in for the action but as you were saying it's really annoying when I want to talk about the scoreboard and stuff but no one can see it.

Piano, I3lue and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Way better than the horrible one I made way back lol

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Again, I like. ^_^

Also, lel, "I bet he's filming". ::D::teabag:

20. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Your voice volume is very low, could only hear half of it at best.
    Past, never forget your revenge!