1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

If you could add or remove one thing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eamono, May 4, 2013.

1. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Is that add or remove? Ambiguous post is ambiguous. :huh?:

inactive_account and Duke_Jordan like this.
  3. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well its not in the game yet, so use your super duper thinking powers to try and solve the riddle.

Hallic likes this.
  4. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Its being added you know.

5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Well then, their wish is coming true, Christmas Miracles, everyone.

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  6. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Some kind of steam powered device that you regularly have to fill with buckets of water. Maybe a airplane?
    Also this.

Mazey likes this.
  7. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Archers with their draw time like Ej said is overpowered. Its almost a glorified machine gun for arrows :(. And to make it worse sometimes the good archers go HAHA when they kill you with a water arrow or they trick shot you with a bomb arrow :QQ:. I am not saying that archers need to be nerfed in anyway but here is what I propose in order to counter act the arrow spam. only full charged arrows should stun you instead of the arrow spam which stops you from attacking every time you try to. Also archers are gonna be getting the hook and matrix powers in the next week or so :QQ:.

8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Archers have a minimum draw time of about half a second, given perfect timing, and it causes .5 hearts damage.
    Builders have a more consistent attack that does the same amount of damage, the difference is that you can actually do more damage in the same amount of time given a glitch in the game, and you can't cancel it with a jab.
    Knights have a jab that is faster than the archer's minimum draw time, and does 1 heart damage, and cancels their shot, which can get them killed in about 1 or 2 seconds.
    A knight can also achieve a slash, 2 hearts damage in the time an archer can fully draw an arrow. [and this is not even talking about the bomb, and double slash]

A knight has a shield, it can block all manner of explosions without stunning them, and allows them four modes of travel [bomb jump, water skipping, shield gliding, shield sliding].
    The only arrows I've seen that have a consistency to stun a shielding knight are water arrows, and arrows spammed out of Mounted Bows, mainly because it is an outright spam of full powered arrows, and personally the chances of stunning a knight with a fully powered seems strangely low as it is, so trust me when I don't believe you.
    [Are you sure your gripe isn't with a Mounted Bow of All things?]

That being said, I'm questioning your skill as a Knight.
    You have five ways to move faster than an archer [the extra method is via slashing], and you have one thing that can block every arrow [set aside water] an archer can shoot at you for an indefinite amount of time.
    You have two methods of attack that an archer can't block, a jab/slash, or a bomb, only narrowly dodged.
    I don't know what your problem is, but a Knight that holds up their shield, and jabs should be able to do massive damage to an archer that can find cover [behind a wall, or a teammate]. An archer in the water is very exposed, and with a shield, you could still pull a slash-jab combo, or a bomb to kill them faster than they know.

I know this from experience as an archer. If you complain now about the power of an archer, then what is a mounted bow to you?
    If this isn't clear from above, you can actually block a bomb arrow, or, if it is about to blow or stuck to you, you can still block it, your shield has a larger hit box than you think, and it is why gliding knights are immune to arrows that aren't directly shoved up their ass.

I get most my damage in from getting nice angles on wooden structures, and attacking people that can't shield, or aren't shielding.
    It just so happens that knights are the most common class that I can actually shoot at in a reasonable manner, because they actually go out into the open. [And get distracted by the commute to the battlefield, or by an actual battle]
    Also, even if they have so much health, and power, knights are also one of the more short lived classes by far, because they are a very fast melee class, but I don't think half a heart, a quarter heart, or any amount of damage matters in the grand scheme of things, as long as they cause a lot of damage.

Also, it could be worse, there are people that can shoot faster, and still be able to puncture chainmail at a distance, at that point, they'd be a mounted bow or something.

---

That being said, I would like sandbox mode to be less hindered by the mechanics of a two hall TTH game.
    And I am glad that there is going to be a long needed mobility update for archers.

amgtree likes this.
  9. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I can't tell if you are complaining that knights are OP or not, but in case you were you should know that in the coming update archers will be able to wall climb (without arrows) and use a grapple hook. and I beleive that mounted bow are getting removed (not sure though)

10. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

He was just explaing that the archer fire rate is not op

11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I can kill everyone on a boat as an archer, what are you talking about when you say knights are OP?
    My problem is that they move too damn fast, and archers can't do anything about it, and then they die.
    [I can allow the overly large shield hit box, for now]

And, it seems you didn't notice the line that I acknowledged the archer update, sometimes Christmas Miracles are for Everyone!

About the Mounted Bows, it was discussed in two dev threads, that maybe it should be replaced with an immobile mini ballista that requires its own bolts to be made via its workshop, much like how you need to have to have the ballista workshop to make the warheads for the actual ballista.
    Anyways, here's hoping we get a less siege/offense-worthy, but still defense-worthy structure. [I'm not counting the catapult]

And it seem that only senpai knows I'm a girl ;-;

12. TheCrazyness

TheCrazyness Catapult Fodder

Bombs. Im just tired of seeing all my constructions fall so easily. (Along with half the screen blowing up because they are spammed everywhere)

Boea likes this.
  13. Guitarman

King Arthur's Sweatshop

14. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Seems I misunderstood what you said, I thought you were saying "holy shit shield hitbox too big, knights are too fast, archers can't block knight attacks, blah blah blah rant on knights being imba etc etc"

15. MrError

MrError Ballista Bolt Thrower

larger maps (As they are larger than 400 x 200 players are kicking from the server)

16. vivetas

vivetas Nooblord Donator

Hand cannon/granade launcher.

17. PronkaAI

PronkaAI Builder Stabber

Remove kebab.

18. Guitarman

Narwhals

19. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Add a system that makes all factory made items to end up in the nearby Hall's storage.

Add limit to number of buckets that a player can carry at any given time, MAX 1 bucket per player.

20. I'd probably remove the OP IA for the Sharks. You dip one toe in the water, the next thing you know, the whole population of Atlantis is after you!