1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Day 9 - First Day of Testing and Feature Roundup

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Sep 16, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

I didn’t report on Day 8 due to it just being bug stomping, but today CTF went into private testing. Although there were and continue to be hiccups along the way, the game plays more or less how it should, with some push and shove between teams with the game ultimately being decided by who makes the better plays for the flag.

Only major issue is materials drought, which will be solved by extending the resupply mechanic into the game.

I thought I should do a roundup of the bigger things that should please some of the older players as well as be exciting and new to any greenies, so you know what’s what.

• Coins for playing well to spend how you please.
      This is the main one for veterens, I feel. We’re happy to give you what you want with simple coin operated shops, and coins for kills and building. We’re in the process of balancing the costs of items to give even new/rubbish players access to some items, while effectively preventing spam of higher tier stuff.
    • Gold required for Siege and Boat shops, and Transport Tunnels - this ensures that gold remains something to seek out in the map, particularly late game where you may need a siege engine to help buckle the enemy defenses.
    • Multiple captures from multiple flags to allow recouping after a loss without a change of map - while still allowing a decisive multi-unit play to win the game.
    • Spawn separated from Flags - while this may seem like a no brainer, classic’s CTF has been plagued by flag-on-tent since day one. No longer will you have to cut your way through every member of their team spawning on top of you with strange teleporty spawn immunity just to get a slice of their flag - they’ll have to defend them separately.
    • Flag captured at other flags - means that you must keep your flags accessible to stand a chance at winning.
    • Unlimited spawns - a feature of arguably the most well populated Classic CTF server, winning relies on capturing the flag, not killing 100 (flithy) reds. While I’m sure people will happily re-add the ticket mechanic, we’re happy to see a simplification of the mechanics.
    • Resupply on Tent - as I mentioned earlier we’ll be expanding this aspect to help fill in the materials drought, but basically players can resupply on the tent a few times each minute, netting free resources around the base. Currently, this is used to good effect in implementing a fair, abuse resistant “infinite materials” system during the build phase of the game, it should extend naturally into a generic resupply. Another gripe with the mechanic’s equivalent in classic has been fixed - the time until your next available resupply is clearly stated.

I’ll get some gifs of gameplay tomorrow if possible - for now, its 2am and I really need to sleep :^)

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Beepo, Gurin and 7 others like this.
  2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's shaping up really well, looking forward to playing more of it.

3. PronkaAI

PronkaAI Builder Stabber

I can't wait to play CTF mode, TTH mode became boring very quick as there was no real choice in picking game mode.

4. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

It will be glorious to finally play CTF again. It will be equally glorious when someone mods tickets into the game.

Contrary, NinjaCell and Dioxyde like this.
  5. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Love CTF!

CrystalClear likes this.
  6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

blue master race
    what do you think will be the best action to prevent people from tombing the flag away from everything?

7. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Of course, from what it sounds like, that won't stop someone from making a nuclear fallout bunker surrounded by stone and stone doors at the bottom of the map.

8. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

MY BODY IS READY!
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2013 ---
    but no really i cant wait for ctf. it will give me something else to get good at in beta ^w^

NinjaCell, Guitarman and RogueCupcake like this.
  9. RogueCupcake

WHen will KAG players be able to play CTF?

10. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Acording to what the devs said its either this week or next week

11. RogueCupcake

12. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Most of the community are saying this is beta's last hope for beta haters, so I hope this turns out good, so far looking great. :thumbs_up:

13. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

More like a long danger room filled with traps and things that cause pain.

14. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Probably both combined.

Guitarman likes this.
  15. RogueCupcake

I am really starting to love Beta especially with the CTF. But, need more aussie players playing CTF!