1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ability To Attack/Defend While Carrying a KEG

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by LostPix, Aug 9, 2013.

?

Should Knights Be Able to Attack and Defend or just Defend?

1. Attack and Defend

31.4%
  2. Defend

42.9%
  3. Neither

25.7%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Since new update today B844 objects are now attached to the backs of characters, the keg is being carried on the back but it limits the ability to defend/attack while carrying it and you have to drop the keg first, I suggest having ability to shield and attack normally as the battles always get fast and confusing for many people and I don't think most pay attention to anything else and even to defend the keg carrier, if it's not a good idea then I suggest to at least be able to use shield.

I also wanted to suggest to move the boulder to the back of the character just like the keg.

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I'm fine with keg carriers being able to attack and shield, since the keg slows you down anyway which makes you an easy target.

I don't agree with the boulder thing though, it would make crushing people immensely harder without an added speed boost, and then it would look just silly.

3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I just meant to change the position of the boulder and that's all, it kinda blocks the vision and you can't see if enemy knight charges the attack. :B):

4. H4ZExVoltage

H4ZExVoltage Catapult Fodder

Especially considering that you carry it on your back now, attacking and defending makes perfect sense :D

5. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I chose defend, because I was abusing this feature a lot, I was lighting the keg putting it in my inventory, and they do not see me carrying keg until it is too late, or if they see me, they come and I kill them, so I think it is slightly op, I would like to see how it is only with defending, but if I have to choose from active or passive while holding a keg I would vote active, being able to fight back while wearing a keg, because right now kegs are used only, when enemy team is killed and is respawning atm, so they are still used, but much less.
    I remember I was making like 4 keg factories, before the 5-6 factory restriction xD I pick up keg, I go and pawn their defenses, if I die I respawn and repeat :D

6. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

The thing is, with that bug it acted like you didn't even have a keg. Now that its on your back, you are far slower and clumsier, which balances it out. So I chose Attack and defend.

7. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

The keg is such a powerful weapon that it has to have some drawbacks. I think it's fine that you can't attack while you carry it. It makes sense too - carrying a big thing requires both hands, and in the middle of battle that's very very risky. But the rewards are potentially great.

Edit: So that's a NO/NEITHER from me (you left that option out from the vote)

8. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

This vote is bias! No option to let me vote for "Bash enemy in face with keg".

9. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The keg is being carried on back now so hands are free, please read.

10. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Hands are obviously not free if he is unable to do any actions requiring his hands.

11. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Here is the question...

Must you defeat the enemy so you can use kegs afterwards? Does this mean that kegs are absolute until you defeat the enemy for a brief time, pick up keg, and deliver it to the enemy lines, where they must still be immobilized or its your team's responsibility to defend you ( I haven't seen that yet happening :D)

Or you can bring keg at any time, you can defend and attack with it, but its the enemies team responsibility to ensure the safety of their defenses.

12. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

If you think about it if a knight could attack/defend it would make a team absolutely useless and there would one man jihading armies. You should be at a disadvantage because it should require teamwork to successfully move up and crush defenses.
    I believe it should be defend only so a knight could protect him self when the fluster cuck battle was going on when the team was pushing up. Also they shouldn't be able to break a keg if your holding it.

13. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Because other team gets their ass kicked by one knight is entirely their fault for being bad, also you are still slowed down when you carry kegs.

14. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Still kag is a game about team work so people need to stick in a group to get stuff done. I don't even think that they need to change anything about the kegs. After a few rounds I realize they work just fine when you have your team working together. I never would think kag would be around the one man army stuff and having them attack would do just the thing

You should also play more of beta if you want to suggest things that would change certain elements drastically.

15. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

How is this going to cause any imbalance explain it to me, you are already being slowed down by the keg and you can't jump as high while carrying it. So far you keep looking for some unrealistic excuse such as that one at the bottom of your post that I should play more of the beta, that's the worst thing you could possibly say at this moment, when I browse the forums I constantly see new beta players post things that most of us don't even notice because they just started playing with fresh point of view on it, so how could you say that I should play it more, the fact you play something more you become used to it and used to the mechanics that are present, maybe you should stop playing all day long and take a step back to get fresh view onto things, so don't give me that crap.

16. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

having the ability to attack while holding a keg would be imba imo, but shielding while holding it could be good

amgtree likes this.
  17. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

You can jab while holding a keg, it's most definitely a bug but what you do is you hold a keg and when near an enemy just click. It will jab but there's no animation.

18. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Neither. Kegs are already powerful, let people learn to defend their keg carrier instead of simplifying everything to the point that you don't even need the slightest bit of teamwork or forethought. So what if it makes things a bit more difficult? It's a ~team~ based game, so let people learn to do a bit of team work instead of grabbing the keg and going kamikaze one after the other like a bunch of lemmings.

NinjaCell, Hawxx and Fate like this.
  19. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

I have to say that I like the keg carrier the way he is. Blocking while having a keg will put you in a huge advantage, and being able to jab while carrying it will just be op. One dude would be able to take on an entire team if he had this ability. I imagine keg carriers in KAG to be like the kamikaze orcs in Lord of the Rings.

The keg is so destructive, and to counterbalance this we made the keg carrier vulnerable. Otherwise, why not always have a keg on your back when you have the chance? You will get some kills while fighting and in death.

20. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

not beig able to attack / defend while carrying a keg emphasizes teamwork. you're supposed to be squishy since you're carrying a huge barrel of fun. simplifying it so you can attack and defend while carrying the keg without your team is pandering to plebs.

Mods: Rainbows