1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[893] Why Is Bedrock Indestructible?

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Beelzebub, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but in the latest build, I can't destroy bedrock. Bombs, kegs, arrows--nothing worked. If this is a bug, I'm assuming it's the same one that makes doors invulnerable to kegs. But if it's intentional game design, that's really shitty and needs to be reverted.

Chaoticredux and GloriousToast like this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

No, it's intentional. Pretty sure it's not shitty game design since there needs to be some kind of indestructible block in the first place, especially with how easy it is to make craters all over the map.

link6155 likes this.
  3. Beelzebub

I'm fine with there being an indestructible block, but removing a hard-to-destroy block to "create" that block and using it as a crutch on a bunch of maps is (at least with the current batch of maps) poor design.

Don't get me wrong, there are times to use (nigh) indestructible blocks: the two tower map that Action used to have was great for this. The current maps, however, are worse off for it.

Starsly likes this.
  4. Yeah pit maps ftw

Game design 101

5. Beelzebub

Maybe you should nerf explosions a bit then or, like in classic, make explosive-spam harder, if you think the maps are becoming cratervilles every game.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 25, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 25, 2013 ---
    I mean if someone asked me "Hey Beelzebub, how could we slow down the rate of bomb craters being created?" I might answer "Maybe don't give everyone a free bomb every time they start for having a military supply shop, dummy."

6. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hard to destroy? Since when has it been anything but indestructible?

7. Beelzebub

You could definitely blow up bedrock in earlier versions of Beta like you could in Classic.

8. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I'm more of a classic player, so sorry if I'm wrong with wha I say I haven't tried it myself but seen people do it... Kinda...

If bedrock was very hard to break and someone hopped onto an empty server overnight maybe and wa bored so they started spamming bombs at a tent making a massive crater that reached the bottom of the map so people died as soon as they spawned. If it was a good server or an popular server no one would b on it at all and people would have to find other servers that they have good ping on (which may be hard) to play on. Until an admin came on and restarted / next mapped it..... It would be annoying

To be honest I prefer bedrock to be not breakable

9. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

In classic i thought bombs don't affect the bedrock at the bottome of a tent *Remeber tent fighting? We can't hit each other*. But bedrocks outside of a tent can be broken with a bomb*i don't know about it now*

10. Beelzebub

--Empty servers reset the map, or at least some Classic servers do that when empty
    --You have to have more than 1 person for the game to start and bombs to be purchasable in Classic
    --If the server has a timer, when that runs out it resets anyway
    --You can vote to reset the map

Speaking of voting, it's impossible to votekick people in Beta. That's dumb. There are still people that need to be votekicked just like in Classic. AFKers and griefers play both games, but there are far fewer admins (and regular players) in Beta and no option for regular players to deal with either of them.

11. PixelatedHero

PixelatedHero Catapult Fodder

I like classic more than beta as well, (even though, i'm not premium, i've played beta before through a diffrent source) but on some servers like the zombie survival server where you survive against other non-premium zombie players that was out like a month ago, bedrock was REALLY annoying. Sometimes it still is on servers like Kami CTF/action unlimited/bc flatmaps wen i'm trying to make a tunnel but end up getting trapped in my tracks at every edge because of bedrock

12. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

bedrock was made invulnerable to anything for the reason of stopping botomless pits on the map
    this problem was consisant and annoying and it ruined many games. nothing needs to be changed.

13. Beelzebub

This same problem appeared at the beginning of KAG classic. You know why? Because everyone and their mother has explosives upon spawning. You know what was done? Bombs were made harder to get. Maybe, just maybe, instead of breaking all the maps because they weren't designed to have invincible bedrock, the ease of acquisition for explosives could be cut back a bit.

But hey, go ahead and invent a bad solution for a problem already solved.

14. Starsly

Starsly Bison Rider

Like you said, just add a block that is really hard to destroy, like old bedrock. Problem solved.

Beelzebub likes this.
  15. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

There have actually been several reason to why they made bedrock indestructible.
    First reason being they want to let people have a good many bombs if they want them and put the work into getting them.
    Second reason being during longer matches the landscapes would become destroyed and full of extremely deep pits and frustrating to traverse, with the indestructible bedrock in place on maps the landscape can still be destroyed but wont become extremely deep pits!
    Third reason is to give the game an indestructible block, extremely useful for mapmaking for the most part, and useful in challenge maps.
    Fourth reason is to prevent mass map-length tunneling, what a good few people including myself find to be the worst thing and for me ruins my mood completely while playing!

Probably other reasons, but those are the four I could think of right off the top of my head!

16. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Hmm what about not making dirt butter and bombs not having butter knifes as shrapnel. Also the current ctf maps (besides maybe one map) suck a**. Y YU NO MACY MAP CUMINTY MAP MAKERS!

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The problem for the longest time, including classic has been having this indestructible block but also having a block that's hard to break (bombs only/etc), over a year ago I was told it would be an easy add in and we'd get a steel block, we still don't even have a graphic for it in the client so that we could just make the stats on it though I'm guessing. :<

Too bad I don't play anymore and care not enough to pester people about it, actually probably for the better, it never got anywhere before, eh.

Beelzebub likes this.