1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think is better Beta or Alpha

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Granock, Jul 28, 2013.

?

Better?

1. Beta

56.4%
  2. Alpha

43.6%
  1. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yea classic is full of combat bugs where as beta seems to have no combat bugs. in classic you would flyaway often from blocking a certain way or even clashing slashes a certain way. that shit doesnt happen in beta thank the lawd. I really dont look at classic anymore as a remotely fun game at all. i often dread the thought of even going there. and now since allot of betahaters are starting to look at beta and say (hey its not that bad, infact its way better than classic). in the end beta will become master race if it hasnt already.

2. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Its just my opinion but i think (in classic) combat is well balanced. Its maybe slower but it dont mean that you cannot rush...
    About the camp, it depends really of each clan and their idea of gameplay. I know that some clans like to camp behind their tower. We did like 30 clan wars and we always rushed our opponents.

I would like to see some clans on Beta and maybe we will do some clan wars. We will need some rules like in ARL/World cup/gathers.

3. Dioxyde

Dioxyde Shark Slayer

Teamwork. Developers threw it out of the beta for some reason. Interaction between classes is not important now. How do you imagine clanwar in beta? Now game is not for competitive play 5x5, but for pub meat grinder 50x50.
    Bugs and lags is the curse of classic, but without it classic way more superior in case of teamplay games.

4. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Oh god. I made a post about this a while ago. I dug it out just for you:

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

JLordo is pretty right. It means a lot of exhausting and unfun games when you are so reliant of your teammates, it just isn't all that viable in public games. Also KAB has much, much more potential for some great teamplay simply because there is a huge variety of things you can do, but you just don't see it happening because pubs are usually pretty braindead.

Fate likes this.
  6. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

This is why I'm fairly excited to hopefully be in one of those groups who make organised teamplay or clanwars. I can see experienced players vs experienced players matchups be fairly fun and entertaining, but it doesn't happen so far due to a small playerbase.

SpideY likes this.
  7. Dioxyde

Dioxyde Shark Slayer

How u play clanwars in beta? Rules, TTH-CTF?

8. Mozart died when he was 30 from syphilis, so....

FuzzyBlueBaron and Hella like this.
  9. M00SHAK

M00SHAK Haxor

I'd Have to say I like alpha better. I've gotten really good at it... and then beta just sort of took over. I seem to like more classic and pixely (don't think that's a word::D:) games. I do like checking on beta and how its progressing, but I'd have to stick with alpha. I do wish they would update the heads from beta to alpha though... I dont really use the new heads, but just sayin :)

10. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

For me the original is always better, so I say Alpha. I may just have to play beta a little more it's different and I suck a tit at the moment.

11. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Beta is soooo diffrent from Alpha. I have like a 0.1 KDR everygame and for Alpha I get 2+ KDR.

12. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I was extremely hyped for beta and I must say meanwhile I prefer it more because I like the faster moving of the knight and easy controling. Also in beta i r bst knight #hawxxbstknightbeta

13. Ivy

Ivy Shopkeep Stealer

I am not really convinced at all by the Beta version. I think the biggest problem was releasing one big update instead of progressively improving the game. Of course, some features are fun... the water system is improved, the boats and trees are amusing, archers' arrows miss all their targets, etc. Though, there is no room for strategy anymore, it all feels like a Spiderman/Naruto crossover.

There are explosions every two seconds, the new character choices are ridiculous, and when I die, I'm not really made aware why, I think that's what bugs me the most.
    Also, there's not enough time to create a real good strategy or wisely use the new mechanics.

Usually I'm not the player who says "It was better before", however, that is how I feel. Because despite Alpha's bugs, old design, and it's enraged idiots kids, I still prefer it.

« Les actes en eux-mêmes n'ont de signification que s'ils servent un idéal élevé. »
    - King Arthur

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Eh, I think the faster pace of gameplay does tend to throw people off, but believe me that strategy still exists-- you just have to think faster on your feet.

Guitarman likes this.
  15. Monsteri

Oh and strategy requires some sort of teamwork, so most of the time you won't see it in pubs.

Hawxx and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. jokeman8454

jokeman8454 Haxor

Wow more people like beta yet they all play alpha -_-

16th likes this.
  17. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

They're all filthy liars trying to cover for their unhealthy attachment to alpha.

18. Monsteri

Or kids who can't actually buy the game.

link6155 likes this.
  19. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Does it matter?

20. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Beta is beta in my opinion. I believe that most people aren't use to the Beta style and that's probably why some prefer alpha over beta. Also, the beta isn't a complete product while Classic (not alpha, alpha is a development stage and classic is no longer in development) is technically "done".

Besides, i support the developers by playing Beta since it's what they put their hard effort into ::):