1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B899 - Fixes and Eased Frustrations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 2, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

(As a quick side note - Remember that KAG is on sale for $7.49 at the moment before Steam launch!)

This is obviously a fairly minor build, but it eases a few major frustrations people have had, mostly with building and digging.

• Builder can build on top of arrows, corpses and materialsThere may be unexpected side effects to this, but it should be nothing major in normal building, and removes some of the pressure when frontline building - no more clearing arrows or materials out of the way.
    • Knights can dig through gold nuggets
      Like all materials though, they mats will be lost for good if dug by a knight - it just means they aren’t stuck if theres some nuggets in the way under a frontline wall.
    • Sky less glaring, night less dark
      This is a somewhat minor one, but the sky is a little less glaring white, and night time isn’t completely pitch black. In light of this, a 15 minute day/night cycle has been re-added to vanilla Take the Halls mode. Note that you can change this per-server and per-gamemode in the standard gamemode.cfg, server hosts.

Full changelog:

[fixed] can build on open doors
    [fixed] cant build on materials
    [fixed] cant build on fired arrows
    [modified] knight can dig gold
    [modified] knight digging dirt stone takes same hits as digging constructed wood
    [added] 6 stone from digging thick stone
    [script][added] bind for CMap::isTileThickStone
    [added] new sky gradient code - along with darker skyline overall for a little less "neon" and eye strain, and lighter night
    [added] 15 minute day night cycle to default tth again
    [fixed] archer rope sometimes renders off "to infinity"

Have Fun

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

Norris, WarrFork, Guitarman and 2 others like this.
  2. Powse

Powse Haxor

Is there any info on the pricing when it comes to Steam?

3. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Yes, finally day and night is back!!! nice job, not so sure why it was removed, anyone know why?
    It was a great feature.

makmoud98 likes this.
  4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

day/night and knights breaking gold
    finally!!!

5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I don't know why but while the performance improved dramatically in past updates, I noticed that while mining things as a builder the command prompt console keeps printing, lag2, lag3, lag4, lag5. The game slows down while mining blocks or removing them, really weird.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It was removed because it was too dark to be any fun, and having it on all servers meant there was no safe haven for those who get performance issues from it. Now that CTF is widely adopted we can leave it off in CTF and turn it on in TTH and people have some option to avoid it.

It'll be priced at $9.99

@LostPix: does this happen in local game as well when digging tiles? I haven't seen anything like that.

7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

@Geti

I only noticed in multiplayer games, there seems to be something with builder overall, I did have framerate drop when placing workshops, otherwise it's very smooth but that's just that.

I launched save the princess captured the hall changed my class to builder, hitting blocks is smooth and no stutter until the moment I cut down the tree and chopped on one log, then it printed lag2, lag3, lag5 in console...I tested with different entities and there is no issue just this once but it does not mean anything, could have been some sort of hiccup.

The problem is mainly in multiplayer, I have freshly installed operating system so there shouldn't be any issues.
    Playing knight or archer no problems at all.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

mnk, I'll look into why it might be happening, thanks for the info.

9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Right after the update I played for a while the Save The Princess mode. The light at the first stage was amazing: the sky was not pitch black, like a dark smooth purle or such, but the player and all the tiles, trees, castles etc were completely black, so you could see their siluettes. This reminded me of some stealth games.
    The second time i played the environment, charachters and so had the normal lightning, pretty dark, just as the sky.

Check the difference:

Normal
    screen-13-10-01-17-21-55.png

Stealth darkness
    screen-13-10-02-17-49-26.png

Is it possible to reproduce that light atmosphere?

Edit, 5-oct
    I'm making a texture pack having a mod of a gamemode in mind, and I discovered you can create this Stealth-silouette light modifying some tiles of 'World.png'. The fence yousee in the following picture is a modification of the 'wooden backwall'. BackDirt, Stone backwall, mossy backwall or whatever tile is not in front of the character works.

ltry.png
    Note that the background is almost night-light, but the dark-silouette effect happens with daylight too.

@ Monsteri : if you're bound to do some spriting or to make maps this means a first door is open :E. Does this remind you to Soldat anyhow?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    Stevedog, Asu, Guitarman and 3 others like this.
  10. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

That kind of lighting would look amazing during dawn, honestly. It should be a regular occurrence indeed.

inactive_account likes this.
  11. Centurion_

Centurion_ Builder Stabber

My new laptop doesnt allow Beta, but I will add input where appropriate.

12. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

The cost, which one was on the IndieGameStand was really true

NinjaCell likes this.