1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Addition of Vehicles / Buildable Entities To the WorkBench

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by lolman345, Oct 3, 2013.

1. lolman345

lolman345 Catapult Fodder
    1. FUN Servers

I'm looking for how to add some ships and possibly some ammunition to the workbench to allow them to be constructed there. I would later on create a new shop for tth which allows the construction of said items much like the workbench. Sadly I do not have the experience with angle script to figure out how to do this myself. If anyone could throw out a tutorial or example it would help me greatly. :smug:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  2. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

You can just go to the workbench.as (Entities/Industry/Workbench) , copy one of the workbench-able items and then just change the name and costs.

3. lolman345

1. FUN Servers

I know how to do that part but do I have to overwrite the workbench file or add it by incorporating it into a mod.

4. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

If your goal is to edit/change base files the best way to do it is to make a mod with the same file path.

*example
    Mods/NameOfMod/Entities/Industry/Workbench/Workbench.as

Then make sure you have your mod loaded by adding the name of your mod to the Mods.cfg file

*example
    Code:
    # Add mods (directory names) from /Mods directory to be used by this game
    # use line breaks between mods eg.

NameOfMod
    Now the changes you make wont be overwritten by the patching or updating of your game. Servers that run this mod will use the modded Workbench.as file instead of the base Workbench.as file.

Froghead48 likes this.
  5. lolman345

1. FUN Servers

Ah I see. I will try that.
    Edit : it works but I still must set the resource values.
    thanks for the help :smug::thumbs_up: