1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dark Souls II

Discussion in 'Other games' started by JoshTG, Sep 26, 2013.

?

Are you guys getting dark souls 2?

1. Of course!

53.3%
  2. Probably not

13.3%
  3. Maybe...

26.7%
  4. No, its too hard for my casual playstyle!

6.7%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Anyone else way more excited about Dark Souls 2 than GTA V? No? Only me? Well ok then...​

Dark Souls is an action role-playing video game set in an open world environment. It has many classes and weapon choices as expected of an rpg. Gameplay is non-linear but there is a path that the player can follow. Multiplayer is integrated with the singleplayer aspect of the game (it really is always multiplayer if your connected to the internet) players can either help or hinder a players progress by invading or coming to the aid of a host player.

If your a fan of the souls games you know its praised for difficulty, and the anti has been upped once again in souls.
    *You are always in danger of your game being invaded by other players, not just while in human form
    *When you die as a Hollow your hp bar shrinks
    *Enemy AI improved to murder your face
    *Dark areas are more risky due to torch limitations
    *Protective spirits nerfed and limited

If you have never played a souls game and want to start i recommended playing dark souls first as the second is getting hyped up as more difficult than its predecessor.

sexy screenies:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BlueLuigi, Sponncx, hans_02 and 3 others like this.
  2. Woah this reminds me of rougelike dungeoneering. Graphics are similar to Infinity Blade (ring a bell?). Probs it doesn't have that much hype cause there are a lot of non-linear rpgs (Skyrim? Monster Hunter?). I like the multiplayer thing though.

3. JoshTG

The first game has gotten very good reviews and people love it, there just not as vocal as other fan bases it seems

4. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

While I'm not particularly fond of From Soft's decision to lay off Miyazaki, I am still looking forward to another Souls game. The direction they've taken in some respects astounds me though. For example, the removal of a lot of coop elements in the sense that you're going to be unable to control who you summon to your world nor will you have a real idea of who you summon. In addition, there will now be a time limit for how long a phantom remains in a world, rather than simply exiting upon defeating the boss.

Of course it could all change and that will be just lovely, but even if it doesn't, I will most likely find myself investing hours and hours into DaS 2, all the while getting terribly frustrated at my hands and brain being simply too slow.

5. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Roguelike? huh? wuh? Where do you get that from. Rogue likes are games where you die, and you need to start all over again, while in dark souls dying is simply a small setback. it's an opposite of a roguelike. Comparing it to skyrim and monster hunter is like comparing Battlefield to call of duty. (The latter is shit compared to the former)

Believe me it has a lot of hype.

6. "Reminds me". Not the roguelike aspect where you die and start over. Just the vibes. And also the community I'm in are mainstream dudes. To them this is just another rpg. Oh well.

7. xAtticusxx

xAtticusxx Bison Rider

I played the crap out of dark souls one and fell madly in love with it. I love how difficult it is because you actually have to think and consider things instead of games that lead you on and make you a badass easily. Where is the joy in knowing that you have to be helped being made into a badass

8. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

A rogue-like is not a rogue-like because of perma-death. Otherwise, you might as well call Realm of Mad God a rogue-like.

9. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I see alot of complaints about HP bark shrinkage on the internet, I think that will probably be one of the best mechanics about the game. It'll get players to really buckle down, specially me because I'm a damage sponge and I stop caring about that at some point. Resulted in me dying ALOT in the first game.

10. Pyromancy is now counted as magic, not as a freakin' glove. Best change ever. Now I won't see Havels flippin' around and throwing Great Chaos Fireballs in PvP. Praise the Sun.

11. JoshTG

fuck the flip ring

12. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Hm, those first two screenshots are of dark souls not dark souls 2?

13. JoshTG

yeah, the dragon dlc, and the tutorial boss. I wasn't only posting ds2 screenies, i just thought they looked sweet.

14. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

i played infinity blade and loved it but this look a bit erm... disgusting

15. JoshTG

Its not a game for the faint of heart

16. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

course

17. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]