1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Stone bricks and doors

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SuperNaked, Oct 8, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. SuperNaked

SuperNaked Shipwright

Not sure if this the right place to put this but anyway....
    something that's been bugging for awhile if the fact the stone doors are so much stronger then stone bricks
    I reckon that that the breaking point of bricks should be bumped up a bit and the doors nerfed
    anyone else feel the same?

Contrary, Ej and Auburn like this.
  2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

wait.....how come no one has ever thought of this before? Doors move and are on hinges, thus they should be the weak, vulnerable points of entry. So I'm all in favor of making the stone blocks have more durability than the doors.

potatomcwhiskey likes this.
  3. SuperNaked

SuperNaked Shipwright

well its like that in classic which is why people build all doors a few blocks up...well as far as I can remember

4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

that was before stone doors, which should be more durable than wood doors, and knights shouldn't be able to break stone doors. But another idea just popped into my head. What if stone doors had a state where if they took too much damage, they wouldn't be destroyed, but just broken? This way a builder could go over to the broken door and spent like, 20 stone fixing a broken door rather than 50 replacing it. while the door is broken, it would simply be stuck open.

potatomcwhiskey likes this.
  5. SuperNaked

SuperNaked Shipwright

Haha it would be super annoying but maybe they could bring back taking over doors.

6. sinnertie

sinnertie Ministry of Hatred Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Please bare in mind that stone block cost you 10 stone and stone door cost 50, so you are giving 5 times more stone for this extra durability so I think it's well balanced.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  7. SuperNaked

SuperNaked Shipwright

Haha yeah I know. I guess for now you'll probably see me fortifying everything with stone doors lol

8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

This has been brought up in the testing channel multiple times, but MM is really stubborn about stone doors, which is why they are stupidly stronk. It makes sense resource-wise for the doors to be bustier, but doesn't make sense from a realistic perspective.

I have no huge problems with this myself, as kegs bust out doors quite well after the bugfixes.

9. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Irrelevant with regards to its power. You're paying to be able to move through it not for its defensove strength. They should be weaker.

Solution? Buff normal stone by 1 hit point and make stone doors have the durability of pre-buff stone blocks.

Easy peazy. Hell you could even just make them the same. But it doesnt make sense, from a gameplay standpoint.

10. sinnertie

sinnertie Ministry of Hatred Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Nope. You are paying for part of wall, doing same job as stone wall, but also giving you extra ability to move through it. I understand why MM is being stubborn in that aspect and I support him.

11. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

I agree with you, if it improves gameplay.

If i doesn't I think it should be changed.

- just arguing the devils side.

Mods: Rainbows