1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by LostPix, May 9, 2013.

1. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

It is a good idea to sticky it, was just about to do so, and the mod section is going to be locked down.

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Thanks for that, I just noticed I made spelling mistake in my post, I was rushing in the morning to go out. Anyway index is a nice idea, mod of the week or month or just simply a gallery for the best mods would be nice to encourage modders too.

3. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Started on something else again, Roleplay Colonization server, so I had the idea to make simple RP but there was a problem, I couldn't log in as admin so I can place the tents and I couldn't make a map out of custom tents, so what I did is to spawn everyone with the ability to build tents and also to destroy tents (flags are removed), so you spawn at the edge of the map possibly with other races and choose a spot to build your tent afterwards people that join that race will spawn at your tent and this will be your new base location, later in-game the tent can be destroyed by the winning side and if there is no tent somewhere below the ground for an ex., the race will be spawned at the edge of the map where they either encounter another race that have colonized the edge of the map or encounter the enemy, either way they need to make peace or join another team.

War base have been added,nursery,removed gold from siege,boat shop,specifically for long games,cheaper stone block and twice as much wood and stone from logs or ores.

There are 2 problems for now.
    1st is that I get compiling script error when others try to join me and the other would be that everyone is spawned at the left side not equally left and right, after those problems are dealt with, will see if the destroyable tent scenario and colonizing your own spot is fun or not and change it accordingly.

You can dl current version from here and do whatever you want to it, here
    Or wait for the server to be up properly and download the mod automatically.

Edit: @LostPix Better? :D:D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    LostPix likes this.
  4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

@Tsilliev

I don't want to bitch but you really need to use paragraphs in this post, it's hard to read.

5. lolman345

lolman345 Catapult Fodder
    1. FUN Servers

I might start a collaboration or open source the naval mod that I'm working on. So far by adding the dinghys that the devs would add later I've caused a ton of scrip errors and some of the most interesting glitches ::D:. (like the basic dinghy which now kills everything it touches and rapes the terrain)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  6. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

The new mr update will allow for this with staff picks and there is already a rating system.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 5, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 5, 2013 ---
    You should try make gold hunt from the beginning of KAG, been wanting to play that for a while.

Tsilliev likes this.
  7. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

So I've finally got around to starting the implementation of my ranks, across my servers.

Basically, as you rank up, you'll be given access to more heads and prettier* UI. Here are some of the Admin only heads.

Admins!!!

Antman:
    [​IMG]
    Beaster:
    [​IMG]

Reudh:
    [​IMG]

Zollie:
    [​IMG]

Yellow:
    [​IMG]

Lavalord:
    [​IMG]

Some of the random heads available, once ranked up enough:

[​IMG]

(this one was originally for Foxodi, but he is MIA ;_; )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously they'll never be Geti tier, but whatever :D I have a bunch more that I'm saving until I've released the mod, across my servers and eventually have a rank that will give you the ability for your own personal custom head, accessible only to you, across the servers I run, so you can really stand out ;) If all goes well, I should hopefully have the first lot of heads/ui running by end of this week.

Prettier* subjective to opinion

8. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Ive actually been trying to convince fox and the other aoe crew to come back to kag, your helmet may be enough reason :p

9. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Free-for-All Mode

Currently I'm using all 8 team colors (with one player per team max). You get automatically assigned to a different team colour / number after each match. First to 15 kills wins.

Screenshot:

ffa_gui.png

If someone could help me figure out how to do spawns from randomized places that'd be great! I'm also looking into doing a simpler GUI, but without any sprites (since Geti won't use them anyway) and to make it much cleaner looking. It'd be also nice to have kill numbers only for those players who are actually in-game (in the screenshot above only the aqua team should have a gui since only I am in-game).

If you can help, hit me up, otherwise, look forward to a release in the future!

Piano, VanHuek and Guitarman like this.
  10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Would be interesting to have a "what have you completed" thread and compare lengths lol.

Anyways I'm working on a singleplayer "tutorial" that organically teaches the player basics through a story. I have the entire thing planned out and the map roughly pixelled out in its entirety (still need to put mineral despots and of course do a lot of refinement). Needs a bit of code though and if anyone would like to help I'd love the assistance. The two things I most need are some way of displaying dialogue and also a way of displaying sprites than can move and animate according to a specific script.

VanHuek and LostPix like this.
  11. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/deathmatch.16082/

12. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Would love to help if I only could script, I do sprites instead, if I was able to code so many things I would mod.

Guitarman likes this.
  13. lolman345

lolman345 Catapult Fodder
    1. FUN Servers

I have almost the same problem. I have some experience with coding and some with spiriting. Although it seems that since most of the game code can be ripped out of the base files and modified to do other things makes it much easier than trying to mod from scratch.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  14. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator

15. nirvanajm

nirvanajm Builder Stabber

ku.png Im working on my RP server :)

Piano, Awesomer, Robinskie and 4 others like this.
  16. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator

HOLY SHMOLE that I s a nice looking blimp

17. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

18. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

17th century mod... I thought about that. Well then the bombs would have a reason to even exist, there would be primitive guns and cannons. Not much to mod. Well some other classes should appear too I think. Also horses were very very common in those times.

19. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

- cannon is being made.
    - fighting will be different (both archer and knight).
    - horses are not suppose to be in a game like KAG, simply because the maps are too small for them to actually be usefull.

20. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Cannon is being made? Wtf...