1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Harpoons, Depth charges, And Diving bells YEARG

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by lolman345, Oct 10, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. lolman345

lolman345 Catapult Fodder
    1. FUN Servers

I've noticed that the introduction of the current boats simply makes them more travel and mobile spawn oriented tools. If we could somehow modify or add more boats or possibly a naval themed TTH gamemode it would add a real use to them.

Harpoons, yeah the long pointy anti whale weapons. I've seen what the normal ballista bolt does, it seems to be a little underpowered without bomb arrows. This is where the harpoon steps in, It is a stationary High Velocity ballista bolt cannon that fires ballista bolts that only damage players, not the terrain. It can not only impale a large number of players it can also be used as a lay line to fire the bolt into another object with a rope attached. With this rope players can climb the rope across to its destination (although it will be very slow since they will have to hang on with only their hands making them good targets). If the line is angled downward knights can use their shield glide and zip-line down the rope at great speed.

Depth charges are water only mines that are buffed to release smaller bombs when it detects a hostile object near it. After releasing the charges it will detonate itself in a large explosion.

The diving bell will be a object that can be carried like a lantern and placed like one. While being carried it will have the option to place a oxygen cable, upon clicking this it will attach a cable to the nearest block and a limit on how far the diving bell can be carried will be created. The cord cannon be place underwater. After placing this the carrier of the diving bell can stay underwater for as long as he or she wishes. If the block that the cord is attached to is destroyed the diving bell will no longer provide air for the user.

crackwise likes this.
  2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Here are my thoughts:

Harpoons: I like the idea, but I feel like it should just be different ammunition for the ballista, not an entirely new siege engine. I give it :thumbs_up:

Depth Charges: Well, what your saying is a mine that works ONLY in water, but essentially has the same effect, but detonates a little bit sooner. I give it :thumbs_down:

Diving Bell: so it's basically a way to breathe underwater... seems a bit too technologically advanced for the time period KAG is set in. And since the water isn't too deep, or you can just mine yourself a pocket of air when it is, I give it :thumbs_down:

3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The Diving Bell, well I guess buckets could be used for that since there is no real use for them now, nobody uses them even when fire goes off.

4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

actually, combat builders use them to be annoying faggots, they go up and splash the enemy knights while their own knights keep slashing

amgtree and Contrary like this.
  5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Combat builders? More like filthy curs with buckets, the stun from bucket should just be removed because it's ridiculous.

6. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

mmm, more water combat...actually making water combat more interesting would be cool...Maybe I've jut not had a sea battle in a long while?
    Maybe someone just needs to make a submarine mod to quench my thirst for the high seas! Haha!

Harpoons would be cool, dunno what I think about the mines or underwater breathing though...Sponges and doors work well enough for now! And normal land mines...

Also combat builders are just an excuse to run out into a group of knights and then complain on the forum that builder is underpowered... :E

Guitarman likes this.
  7. lolman345

lolman345 Catapult Fodder
    1. FUN Servers

Diving bells were actually invented before the Renaissance they were simply tethered wooden bells dipped into the water creating a bubble of air inside of them. Then air could be pumped in by a cord which was tethered. I'm thinking that the diving bell would need to be attached to something for it to work and then it would have a limited distance that the air pipe could extend.

8. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

I'm surprised there isn't a water only, war type server. IE boat combat.

Apronymous and Guitarman like this.
  9. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Someone needs to make this a thing.

10. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Exactly. When I first saw boats being mentioned, I immediately thought there were gonna be tons of servers with a huge oceans for water combat.

11. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I believe I now have my next map idea. xD

Jlordo and Guitarman like this.
Mods: Rainbows