1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Heart Arrows

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Auburn, Oct 11, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

This idea is not really a game-changing idea, but it would make the archers a better support class.
    I've noticed an abundance of hearts on the battlefield. I think if the archers pick them up and put them in their inventory, they should be automatically combined in your inventory to make heart arrows. If you shoot these arrows at a friendly knight, they should heal the knight one heart. Pretty self-explanatory, but I feel like it would be a good addition to the game because a good archer who's paying attention can save a really awesome knight from death by giving him a heart or two.

2. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

it does make the archer class more supporting, but I don't think that a lot of people will actually use this.

3. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Held items that heal; hearts, burgers, dead fish, grain and eggs can all be thrown an appreciable distance. I think as an archer especially, you are better off shooting enemy players since a "heart arrow" would only heal for 1. Reason being that the damage has a higher chance of keeping your knights alive, being that they stun at close range and or keep them from slashing.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    Fate likes this.
  4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Wow, I actually didn't think about archers preventing damage.... good point

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Yeahno.

If you're supporting your friendly Knights by attacking at point-blank, you're playing Archer wrong.
    And if you DO support from a range, you don't stun, and a single shot (which you're likely to be performing as opposed to a triple shot if you're making a quick last-ditch effort to save your buddy) only does 1 heart of damage, meaning they probably won't die.

This doesn't mean I like the idea of heart arrows, though. 1 heart of healing isn't really worth charging a shot for.

Now, an uber-expensive arrow that regenerates the health of all nearby allies for a while? That would be cool.

6. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

No No No! No arrow hearts

Asu likes this.
  7. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

I think this is fucking brilliant.
    Maybe not quite so little as a single heart, but shooting a burger or the aforementioned regen at someone would be great. It would be amazing for support, and if their aim was bad, it would heal the other player. However, to keep from spamming it, maybe it would disintegrate if missed, and it would become friendly to the person it hit, making it a high risk/reward thing. It would possibly generate a field of healing for a couple seconds, that didn't move with the knight, keeping it from making them almost a mobile medic, but rather just heal everything within 2 blocks for a second or two.
    Keeping it from moving with the knight would make it almost an instant chokepoint, and keep it from just being low charged on someone like an Uber charge, either helping or hindering and making it a spot worth taking a risk for, even if just for a second.

CrystalClear likes this.
  8. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is a pretty clever way of adding support to the game. I'm already in love with the idea of shooting hearts as a cosmetic texture, but the idea of mobile healing units adds a lot more depth to combat and teamwork. I feel like this would be a very smart answer to the long coveted support class, as it seems the archer could and has been becoming. Anything that supports cooperation is brilliant in my eyes. An extra heart can go a long ways for a knight, making the archer and knight combo synergy increase, which is lovely. I'd like to see this implemented.
    Brilliant idea. :)

Rubixxcube likes this.
  9. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The Power of love. =w=
    Simple as that. xD

10. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Though I am not entirely sure how useful this'd be, I do find the idea completely hilarious!

"Ey Bill, you look a bit hurt? Want some help with that?"
    'Sure Steve, what do you got for me?'
    "HEART ARROWS TO THE FACE!"
    'Gah! Being healthy hurts!'

But on a more serious note, it'd be interesting if the arrows worked exactly the same, just with a heart attached, so that you could fire through an ally, heal them, and hit the enemies past them with a normal arrow! That'd be pretty clever!

11. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I think this is a really good idea but I see two problems::(:

1. Only players who have been with the game for a while who actually know what they're doing would be the only ones doing this.

2. You hit someone on the opposing team with the heart arrow and then they laugh at you and then your team hates you.

12. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

well that's the risk that you take

13. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Comparable risk to trying to shoot fire arrows when your own wooden things are nearby!

14. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Yeah well in both situations you end up feeling like a shitty team member

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

3. You can now grief by healing the opposite team.

The griefing potential for this is pretty significant.

GloriousToast likes this.
  16. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Yeah now that I think more about this I feel like the negatives outweigh the positives. Sorry Auburn::(:

17. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

As if fire arrows don't have this? Anything can be used to grief for the most part, but that doesn't mean that's how it's always going to be used. I still believe that this could easily be an awesome addition to the archer class. Even if it's not used as often because it's hard to use, I still see tremendous potential.

18. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I tend to shoot past my allies quite often, so it would be nice...

Besides, if you trust teammates to have KEGs in your base, you can trust archers to carry hearts around!

19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

As far as "griefing" goes, couldn't you just make them team only?

Also if you did want to make them griefible:
    <Kouji> they'd need to have a rainbow trail behind them
    * sinnertie is now known as sinnertie`AFK
    <Sharkrave> i fucking hate burger spamming knights
    <Sharkrave> faggots
    <Verra-chan> Kouji but if you shoot heart arrow at full health player they insta gib from to much love
    <Kouji> yes
    <Sharkrave> we obv need a Cupid class
    <Kouji> >Go on Arcrave's team
    <Verra-chan> to much love
    <Kouji> >Shoot all the heart arrows at him
    <Verra-chan> to much love
    <Verra-chan> I can't take it
    <Kouji> >Gibs from too much love
    <Sharkrave> pop
    * master4523 has quit (Quit: *pop*)
    <Kouji> master had too much love
    <Kouji> A heart arrow that heals enemies if they are damaged, but kills them if they have full health would be an interesting gimmick

GloriousToast and master4523 like this.
  20. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That would be both hilarious and completely useful too.

Mods: Rainbows