1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mac Engine KAG Will Randomly Click Right Button, With Out Me Doing So

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by IrishSmalls, Oct 15, 2013.

1. IrishSmalls

IrishSmalls Bison Rider

So I'll stab randomly, build randomly, and the menu's messed up :argh::>:(:

2. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Could be your mouse man. I would check that first.

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

To be fair, he is using a mac. 99% of pc problems right there.

4. IrishSmalls

IrishSmalls Bison Rider

It's not the mouse.

5. Abenthy

Abenthy Shark Slayer

Same problem here, makes the builder class unplayable (you keep hitting everything you walk by, including the workshop you just built ...).
    Archer gameplay is also affected, just like in classic (charging an arrow stops randomly when moving the mouse fast).
    What's interesting is that I haven't noticed random shielding with knights yet.

The random right clicks only happen when I move the mouse, leave it fixed and nothing bad happens. :-)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  6. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

This happened to me the other day, then stoped after I closed the game. I haven't noticed it happening since. Strange indeed. :huh?:

7. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Are you guys playing in fullscreen? I remember having this issue a while ago, playing in a window fixed the issue.

8. IrishSmalls

IrishSmalls Bison Rider

I have been, I think that is the problem

9. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Yep, I always play in fullscreen. Next time it does it, I'll try that out. Thanks ahead of time. ;)

10. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Does it happen when you touch the scroll by any chance?

11. RunnyBunny

RunnyBunny Catapult Fodder

I'm using a Mac and have the exact same problem. My character starts building randomly without touching the mouse. My boyfried who uses windows doesn't seem to have this problem at all. :QQ:

12. MM

Nobody answered but:
    Does it happen when you touch the scroll by any chance?
    Does it happen when you move the mouse?
    Does it happen if you don't do anything?

13. antisyzygous

antisyzygous Catapult Fodder

It doesn't seem to happen when I hit scroll. It does seem to happen when I hit Q (for emoticons) or sometimes F or E.

I am usually moving the mouse so I suppose the answer is yes. It seems random.

I have actually not seen it happen while I am not doing anything. Usually it happens when I am navigating menus, like the build menu or the inventory menu.

Whenever I build a new structure and try to assign it to be e.g. a knight's shop, it's almost like a click (perhaps right click) is happening whenever I mouse over one of the options in the building assignment menu. It's picking one of the options (whichever my mouse is over) without me specifically clicking the mouse. However, it appears to be random when that might happen. I've taken to just having my mouse outside inventory/build menus and moving it over the option I want after the fact because it's about 50/50 that it will select the first option I mouse over.

I am using a Logitech MX510 mouse and a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard on an iMac.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  14. DuckBoy6

DuckBoy6 Catapult Fodder

Same here, Macbook Pro Retina Display. Happens with the touchpad.

I switched to fullscreen after noticing the mouse go wonky in windowed mode: After leaving the window by clicking outside or something like that, it would stop getting move updates when I wasn't clicking.

It honestly looks like some of the mouse events are being dropped/ignored.

I had to remap my keys since the scroll on the touchpad would trigger at odd times, so its quite possible mouse moves into scrolling are doing something weird with the right clicks.

Good luck tracking this down, its amazing I haven't been kicked for griefing after dropping my own towers on my head with stray builder clicking.

15. Cowkeeper

Cowkeeper Catapult Fodder

I have this problem too. Mac Retina. I have noticed no particular pattern, however.

16. MM

Does it happen by any chance when you touch the touchpad, even by mistake?
    I am looking into this but it's hard for me to reproduce.
    A temporary fix will be to just remap the ACTION1 key to a keyboard key like ctrl.

17. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

This has been around for ages, I remember this issue back in alpha when I played in fullscreen on my old macbook. (Im talking about all the way back to like build 190)

18. MM

Does it happen in windowed?

19. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

No, strangely it never happened in windowed. Only in fullscreen.

20. Cowkeeper

Cowkeeper Catapult Fodder

This still holds true; it does not happen in windowed mode.