1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New Heads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheWids, Sep 26, 2013.

1. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

When new heads come out of course people are all going to use them. Just wait a little while and people will switch.

2. Then newer heads come out then they use that. Its a vicious cycle of uniqueness and identity. I'll stick to my reverse-teapot helmet thank you very much.

Hawxx and Guitarman like this.
  3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Fixed.
    From what Geti's said in the past (mainly in IRC), it's highly unlikely. Gave some explanation of it being due to something about art assets belonging to a specific person, or something about giving credit/payment or something, can't remember what it was exactly since it was a while ago.

Galabranth likes this.
  4. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Fox Knight.png
    Fox Head.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Guitarman likes this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's partly the legal issues (We need to legally acquire the assets from you, credit you and have some legal proof that we own them, usually in the form of correspondence and money changing hands - and we're not that interested in going through all that just for some heads ingame) and partly that I really want KAG to be all my own art.

All of the art in-game so far is my work (barring the type face and a few legacy assets), and because this is my first big, public game and the first game I've had quite strongly associated with me, I'd like to keep it that way as a matter of pride in my craft.

If it's any consolation I'll likely fill out the heads count to somewhere between 80 and 100 in the next month or so (source at the moment says there's 58), focusing on hair types and probably various themed hat groups, as well as probably some new armour-type heads. Depending how long it takes there'll probably be at least one more community choice hat thing, since those seem to be popular.

Fell, that looks like a shark head edit :^)

Contrary, Bint and Guitarman like this.
  6. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Totally is my friend :D you should make a legit fox head.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Ontopic does anyone mind if I reshuffle the heads order a little in the coming weeks? Would be nice to have related heads together.

8. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

go for it

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@Geti just remember to leave room for the diving helm. :^)

10. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I can't believe the diving helm is getting so few votes. It would look amazing.

Bernhardt likes this.
  11. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

I would rather see a diving helm as a workbenched item rather than a hat :P

Bint, TheWids and Guitarman like this.
  12. boo77

boo77 Builder Stabber

I thought the Roman hat was good aslong as you were a knight otherwise it was disproportional

13. TheRiotPatrol

TheRiotPatrol Shipwright

I would really like this. Horse head would be great.

14. Ivy

Ivy Shopkeep Stealer

I still have the same hat since I started to play. The work is fine but these new creations do not make me want to change.

In my view, the only utility of hats is to quickly identify your favorite enemies in order to annoy the hell out of them, or conversely, to run like a little bitch when they swoop down on you in order to avoid giving them the satisfaction of killing you.

15. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Don't forget about the 2 + 5 combo. Or just the plain old 5.