1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 921 - Heads, Fixes, Maps

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 25, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Of course, the most important news first ;^) 2 new heads have been added, templar heads that (while knight focussed) look cool on any class! Now you can enjoy your own crusade - minimising religious persecution, of course.

[​IMG]

There have also been a nice plethora of misc fixes and tweaks:

• Crates change team when you grab them.
    • Catapults don’t “steal” kills when you get fired out of them.
    • Wrong menu sound being played (cut out early)
    • Music slider bugs - not adjusting the music in real time (still a few potential bugs there), as well as a very big memory leak with music volume set to zero.
    • Egg and other food making eating noises at inappropriate times
    • Saw has on-off button to help prevent “oops”
    • Pickup priorities rebalanced to avoid those “why am i holding this corpse instead of those bombs” moments.
    • Warboat costs 130 coins, not 150.
    • A few new maps for the cycle, retired a few older ones.
    • Catapult and Ballista convert instantly when sat into.
    • Catapult and Ballista don’t collide unless moving.

Steam update: MM tells me that we’re waiting on valve for the release, there are a few minor things to complete but the integration is “mostly done” and the store page is more than functional, with flashy promo images like the following:

[​IMG]

We’re working as hard as possible on getting the game released there; the waits from valve are a setback but nothing we’re unable to overcome. The game will be released ASAP - when exactly that falls is anyone’s guess, but for all intents and purposes we’re “ready” and just waiting for the checklist to be looked over and the big red button to be pushed.

We’re not 100% on the date because as mentioned above, we’re waiting on valve for this, so it’ll be done when they’re ready. ASAP is as honest an answer as we can give - that said, hopeful estimates are early next week if they get their act together.

Full changelog for 921

[added] turning saws on and off
    [modified] pickup priotities have a few per-class modifiers and de-prioritise corpses a lot
    [modified] boulders are 35 stone
    [modified] warboat costs 130 coins, not 150
    [removed] rayne_liquidate and rayne_flarellbridge1 from default ctf cycle
    [modified] removed koujimap from default map cycle
    [added] 2 "templar" heads, one bucket, one egghead, both definitely badass.
    [added] MonsteriCTF3 map
    [added] NewTortuga map
    [added] catapult and ballista convert instantly when sat into
    [modified] idle/still siege engines don't collide with you
    [modified] siege engines need a bit more speed before they hurt you
    [modified] updated felleres map
    - named Fellere_FourRivers.png
    - hopefully less stalemate
    [fixed] catapult "steals" kills of people shot out of it
    [fixed] map key binding not visible
    [fixed] music volume slider not adjusting in real time
    [fixed] some sound functions still doing processing with zero volume
    [fixed] wrong menu song used (cut out too early)
    [script][added] hasTileSolidBlobsNoPlatforms function to omit platforms
    [fixed] can't build backwall over platforms
    - note, this works like building stone "over" wood,
    the platforms still prevent building "through" them
    [added] crate changes team when picked up
    [fixed] egg makes chomp chomp noise when not eaten
    [updated] kag icons on windows
    [fixed] big leak when music slider set to zero, and awful sound when turned up again

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

NinjaCell, Mysterieux, Atheon and 6 others like this.
  2. Good job!
    Steam release incoming!

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Would be nice if you fixed the occasional freezes when the game's loading stuff, i.e. maps or logging in.

4. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

ohmanohmanohman. i cant wait for steam release :3

5. ::):

6. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Hopefully my map is less stalematey... It kind of gets boring after an hour. The first hour is pretty fun but when the resources run out it sucks. If anyone has any feedback please help me out. Thank you.

Crazy idea is to add chickens. No idea if that will make the map totally unbalanced or even more stalematey but it's a thought.

7. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

NONE SHALL PASS.

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

MINDBLOWN

With builders getting 50 coins per workshop laid down, this seems even more spammable than before.

Thank god. I did think that ramming enemies after making a long stretch of stone pathway was pretty hilarious though.

hopefully when I get on tomorrow the icons will look better

9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Way to pump out these heads Geti, I feel like a spoiled brat.

10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Geti if this whole game making games thing doesn't work out you should consider becoming a hatter.

Geti, 16th, tlc2011 and 3 others like this.
  11. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Love the new game icon, pickups being fixed is a yes, good thing that music and sound thing is fixed, and the catapult fix is a double yes!

One thing I have to note though is that red wooden doors are still the same color as chickens when drawing maps? Are the doors or the chickens going to have their color changed to something else so mapmakers can make red team wood doors again?

Digger101 likes this.
  12. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I've seen it end in 2 hours time now, it's decent. There is one way to shorten the duration for sure, though, if you want. Currently it is really hard to deploy a ballista and wreck their structures because you need a skybridge over the small pond, and that is destroyed easily or the ballista targeted by archers.
    So you could add some sort of a floaty island in here
    Image1.png
    and if your team managed to hold his position for so long that they can get a bomb-bolt ballista in there, the game will pretty much be over.

Fellere825 likes this.
  13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

In sandbox, there was no action button for turning off the saw mill, and neither in the CTF server I just went into [and rocked].

The chickens were fine though, and it seems that the archers aren't the grapple ubermensch they were, excellent!

Guitarman likes this.
  14. Atheon

Atheon Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

cant wait hurrap get it on steam :smug:

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

To turn off the saw you need to be on the same team as it, and overlapping it. I've seen it play up a few times so I might need to look into what's causing that, but I think quite a few people have missed that point, and I've been able to turn them on and off in CTF and Sandbox.

UPDATE ON THE STEAM SIDE OF THINGS: we've heard from valve (at about midnight Friday, haha) and while we're still ticking off a few boxes, it's looking like next week is a very safe bet for release - we'll narrow down the date as we get closer.

Zaldarr, tlc2011, Guitarman and 4 others like this.