1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Steam Delay - Don't Despair!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

That could work too, I forgot you can use layers, it could cause clipping issues if you crouch so you would need another set of frames, and another when jumping, there is more different states that adds up.

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Regardless, a lot of work for something we really don't need and that may not even be desirable.

3. Jogale

Jogale Shipwright

What about those who have played Soldat in its early stages, tested out that airplane game MM created, Link Dead, AND Kag? (I may have missed others, but those are just the ones I know of) A special hat for them?

</sarcasm>

4. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Wait wasn't link dead that game that never got released that we have like, 2 screenies of?

OT: Am i the only person that thinks the CTF and Challenge mod video has terrible music?

5. Jogale

Jogale Shipwright

Actually, now that you mention it, I don't know that I ever did play any version of Link Dead, but I read a lot of dev blogs and watched several youtube videos. There's definitely more than two screenshots though...

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There were several playable builds of link dead, you had to donate or pirate it to play though.

Honestly, we're not likely to give much of an "oldfag" bonus because it works the other way too - you've been testing out the game "for us" for the last two and a half years, because we've been making the game "for you" for the last two and a half years.

7. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

Very solid and valid reason, i'm fine with that.

8. Dioxyde

Dioxyde Shark Slayer

Sadly, this game was left in the alpha stage and is no longer supported by developers 25252525

9. yeah geti stop robbing people you thief

16th, Klokinator and Hella like this.
  10. Dioxyde

Dioxyde Shark Slayer

:up: Hehehe, i knew who replied next :chicken:

11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Link Dead? I'm curious about that.

And as far as Steam Integration... as long as it doesn't eat shit and die, I'll be okay.
    I'm just hoping for more ping stability, and players/servers

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

link dead page: http://link-dead.thd.vg/en/ obviously discontinued and unmaintained, I remember getting the job offer about KAG around the time of the last blog post there. Apparently the pay what you want donationware thing wasn't really working out.

More players and therefore more good servers (since we're overstocked on servers as-is, but most of them couldn't host an 8v8) is somewhat inevitable.

13. Jogale

Jogale Shipwright

This may seem like a dumb question, but is Steam integration going to cause any changes as far as how hosting is concerned (meaning, will it be more or less complicated to do so)? I'm not quite sure how Steam integration happens so I didn't know if it would have any effects on that stuff.

Also, do you all think that KAG will be playable via Steam's new OS? Will y'all get exclusive access to it?

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

KAG supports Linux, so yes, it will.

15. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

KAG mac still has all of the unique bugs I reported to Mantis all those months ago. Any plans to fix the reversed sound, fullscreen mouse issues, and refreshing in the server browser before you open the floodgates?

Guitarman likes this.
  16. masterjen

masterjen Drill Rusher

I can smell that kag is almost on Steam. :3

17. dawnbomb

dawnbomb Catapult Fodder

maybe, it'd be nice to be another estimate to how long it'll be, I've been checking every day, waiting for it to show up. pretty sure were past how long were not supposed to panic for.

PICNIC!!!

18. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It'll most definitely be out this week, unless there's something that goes wrong that wasn't planned.

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I logged into steam today and triple checked only to see that KAG wasn't on it yet. Disappoint.

20. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I like to trick my friends on steam by adding kag as a non-steam game, then spam start it and exit. There like "OMG, WTF ITS ON STEAM"

SMASH1413 and Klokinator like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.