1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Armory

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Skinney, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolfgangPolska

WolfgangPolska Shipwright

I"M SO EXCITED!!! AND I CAN"T HIDE IT!!! Just cant wait to mod realase!!!

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

3. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

in my opinion, it's an awesome idea, why arent the devs releasing it? im sure if they made an agreement like with the heads, many guys would vote for it.

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Holy fucking shit people you put so much pressure on Skinney, give him some props but also critique could be more useful than that.

SMASH1413 likes this.
  5. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

It would take next 4 years to make that all balanced and 50% people won't like it and changing/adding so many things again IMO isn't good. That's why.

6. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

4 years 0.o´?

7. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

It depends on the scope of character functionality, and the more detailed that functionality is the harder it's going to be to balance. Needless to say though, I plan on completing one extra weapon class for each existing class before I release a public test.

8. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Yeah and if devs would try make it good (they wont of course). It would took too long and change too much. It's much better as mod. And good luck :)

9. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

If them will try to do it them will waste 8 years, get fail and release this fail as "KAG2!" (buy now only for 1000Eu)

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I like the way KAA focuses on weapons for the Knight, but it feels wildly inappropriate doing the same thing for archers and especially builders. I think for archers, you should stick to different kinds of bows and maybe a couple interesting utility items (Ie: Like I suggested, knives hookshots and stun mines), while builder simply has 2-3 "types" that allow him to perform various duties on the field, and all types should retain the "tradeoff system" of gaining something useful and trading in something equally useful, and in this way they'll never be overpowered.

A good example in your existing system is the Javelin for knights. You gain ranged attacking and a longer jab range, but LOSE power attacks and you can also run out of them or have them hurled back at you.

Same thing for the Spear. You gain ridiculous offense but lose any semblance of defense, making you completely vulnerable to pretty much any enemy who dodges your "flurry strike" attacks. This makes the player focus on teamwork in order to maximize their damage output.

While Knights should be the main attackers, archers should continue to focus on support, with a variety of ways to augment their damage types and output, while also having a grab bag of utility that they can swap out as the situation calls for. Giving them Short Swords and Throwing Axes seems silly in that context. (Though you didn't outline how those will work, so it's a bit too early to judge yet.)

Anyway, just my thoughts.

11. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

This shouldn't be biased towards knights. archers and builders need love too.

12. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Yeah ikr with the archer supporthingy
    One time i said we need more archers cause we only had one.
    This guy says back ARCHER ARE STUPID
    Im like how?
    Hes like {NO COMMENT}

13. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Archers are awesome, one trained archer can pin down the opposing army!

14. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Same as a Knight, but that's because they can waste peoples' time, and kill them.
    As an archer, I'm getting pretty neat in regards to hooking across wide gaps [vertically/horizontally].

Anyways I like how in Dark Souls everything off of the +15 Normal Route ends up in a [novel] lateral shift in utility, and a slight [reduced/changed scaling] downgrade.
    It would be neat if this was kept well in mind with the rest of the Armory Items, as can be seen with the spear [+Range, +Power Flight, -Glide, -Angular Range].
    A cute thing would be melee, and armor for archers, making them more of raiders.

15. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

I have some good ideas for builder that are really unique, so don't worry about builder love. When I get some spare time I will post a couple mock-up animations.
    I absolutely agree, I really want to make an archer/ninja with megaman sliding, wall climbing, caltrops, booby traps and of course agility based melee combat.

A quick update as to the status of KAA, it is currently on hold while we (Strathos and I) finish up our secret project.

Guitarman and kilmanio like this.
  16. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Traps seem more like things you toss on the ground, rather than actual building traps [building a snare as opposed to tossing it down].
    The prior method would be good for simple mines, and caltrops, but not things like snares.

As far as anything, KAA seems like an exercise in overlapping, and exaggerating classes.
    [Spear Knight -> Attack Range; Stomping; Flight]
    [Trap Archer -> Knight Throwables (Caltrops); Builder Construction (Traps)]

kilmanio likes this.
  17. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

my-body-is-ready.png

18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Hmm, mega man sliding would be simplified shield sliding.
    [probably an alternate crouch sprite, and the dash script from Tsillev's RPG Mod]

I don't know what agility based melee is going to be like... we have the knights, and they are pretty much based on stomping, and stun locking.
    [I still don't understand how the slash-stab combo seems instantaneous when other people do it, or how people can slash twice and get a hit off when they don't do a double slash ://///// ]

19. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

20. LightTab2

LightTab2 Drill Rusher
    1. Zen Laboratories

I mean it`s based on changing classes if I have right - many scripts fro mother mods won`t work with yours. When not - do nothing, else do GUI for changing weapons and include all kngiht/ archer /builder script in one file, then do:
    if ([weaponslotname] == [weapon])
    {
    const ::s32 slash_charge = [value];
    }

I`m working with LUA, so I can do mistake, but I want to only show my idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.