1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

There was meant to be Build 926 Today...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 30, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Instead, steam integration bugs that were merged into mainline have prevented release - while it isn’t essential to run KAG through steam, there have been a few integration points that have required changes to the “normal” behind the scenes stuff.

The funniest/most annoying of these currently is everyone’s name getting a 2 applied to it (locally and on net) as if they are the second to join. We had a good testing session with JTG2, sinnertie2, Monsteri2, Lieber2, Geti2, Mazey2 and bst Kouji (because clantags seemed to avoid the bug).

In a way it’s a good thing, because it means all the steam integration bugs are exposed to testers and can be fixed asap, but it’s bad because its another day without votekick, without modding fixes, without extra heads, and means that steam deadlines are again, quite dicey.

However, we’ve found that we’re able to give more or less whoever we want access to the game via steam, so we will probably do that this week for players who have already bought the game, to properly test the steam integration stuff before we launch it. We’ll tell you when and how you should request a key.

MM has set a tentative steam deadline for Monday, and these bugs shouldn’t prevent us from reaching that, though they sure to mean it’ll probably be a close shave.

Next build will have fixes or partial fixes for the 3 major repeated concerns I’ve been hearing from everyone:

• Not enough heads
    • Falling through terrain
    • Missing votekick

As such, I’m as anxious for a patch as the next guy, very disappointed we couldn’t get it out tonight.

More as it comes; figured we should keep you updated while we try to get this thing out; bear with us.

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

well darn... but it's still the right decision, its best to introduce the game to new people ASAP instead of adding 3 things for the ~400 (guesstimate) active players

3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

There are more pressing matters than "not enough heads" just because few pixels is important to people and makes you play the game better, two other bugs are important however.

Guitarman likes this.
  4. ok lets get it straight, geti. if i dont get a new head by sunday i will ban everyone on the forums and on the irc.

Iamaclay, Digger101, Stevedog and 9 others like this.
  5. how can there possibly be anything more important than new heads?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  6. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Glad to see that steam integration is moving along nicely....

In all serious, you guys work hard. maybe i'll finally get back into kag now :^)

7. I'm glad everything is coming toghether but i agree with LostPix. There are bugs way more important than adding heads...

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That' doesn't mean heads aren't important to an alarming number of people. Of course we're fixing bugs at the same time, they're not mutually exclusive.

@eamono: there are on average 2000 active kag players per week, fwiw. http://grab.by/rCYM

9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Manna from Heaven! Votekick!
    Now Tsillev's RPG can go without wanton violence, hopefully.

Crabmaster likes this.
  10. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

^This so much!

Also yeah, I've noticed there are a lot of players who play, but on different days of the week. Kinda interesting if you ask me!

11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Nevermind, I don't think Votekicks will ever help Tsillev's RPG.
    We need to reinstate the VoteKing system, and maybe add indictments, I don't know.

12. Yeah, i'm not saying heads aren't important, I actually love the whole head idea, just saying the there are a whole bunch of bugs that improve game play. The heads are there just for fun/esthetic
    purposes and if you can work on both things then awsome! ::):

13. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I think it will be possible to make a head constructor

16th likes this.
  14. Sarkalest

Sarkalest Shark Slayer

I want a dwarf head. That's all I want.