1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fighting games general.

Discussion in 'Other games' started by goodyman8, May 22, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Looks awesome, saw on the site its made with Mugen by fans.
    Is there any way to get it yet? :o

2. AgentExmplary

AgentExmplary Builder Stabber

Sadly they haven't released the game out but i did hear people saying they released out a demo but I couldn't find the download link.I played a bit of tekken who are you guys favorite characters mine is howorang

3. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Only played the Soul calibur and Tekken series on the old PS2 and that was quite a while ago too.
    Now I mostly play Ultimate ninja storm 2.

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah been following CSW for a while but they stopped updating the website months ago :*(. It looks playable already.

Even more it looks like it was made by someone who knows fighting games.

5. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Going to have a huge Tekken 6/boardgame tournament spanning over the entire summer with some friends. Neither one of us have ever played the game before so it will be intresting to see how things turns out.

So here is my question. Pro's of Tekken, give me all your delicious advice! I would love to get an early advantage.

As for myself. The only experience with fighting games I have is from Killer Instinct. Jago and Combo all the way. Also played Soul Calibur 2 for a short time. Not enough to warrant having any experience in it though.

Contrary likes this.
  6. bluewildweb

bluewildweb Catapult Fodder

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  7. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

NECRO.
    And tried out BlazBlue from Arc system works.(only 1 game on the PC which is Calamity Trigger).
    If you like fighting games you MUST give it a shot.

NightRaid104 and BeasterDenBeast like this.
  8. Contrary

A bunch of people I know are getting into fighting games because of Persona 4 Arena. A really easy game to get into, I highly recommend it for people who are looking to break into 2D fighters particularly if you like the series. I'm still pretty bad but I'm getting the hang of it.

Also we actually played a bit of BBCT the other day. Not bad, I might buy a copy sooner or later. While I don't think much of the character design visually, mechanically they have a lot of really cool and creative ideas.

goodyman8 likes this.
  9. Ah, amazing... I'm a fan of older fighting games.

First up is Street Fighter III. I'm not so good with this one. I struggle with Gill, the final boss, but still have some great fun nonetheless. I tried playing against people who know how to play and got thrashed (Ibuki may be flashy, but she's frail as all heck).

Second is Marvel vs Capcom and its twin Marvel vs Street Fighter. I'm quite good at this one. Favourite combo in MvC is Gold War Machine + Morrigan, or Gambit + Ryu. In MvSF, it's Sakura + Akuma. I'm up to the point that Onslaught is easy, Apocalypse is pitiful, and Cyber-Akuma is relatively difficult.

Thirdly, Pokemon Type Wild. This is a pokemon fan game made by a japanese amateur group. It plays really quite well, and the animations are fluid and gorgeous. A lot of the characters are expys to a certain extent though (Snorlax plays like SF3 Alex, Lopunny like SFA3 Cammy, Blaziken like a slower, more powerful SF3 Ryu.)

Lastly, is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, by Capcom. This game is CRAZY. it's easy to get a high combo if you know what you're doing, it's got a solid combat system, (think SF3 level graphics and playability coupled with crazy SFA style maneuvrability, with an awesome mechanic ('stands', basically spirits that you can manifest and control independently of your character)) crazy supers (look at Dio's Za Warudo -> Road Roller super combo for example), and very unique characters. Rather than explain, here's a video.

10. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

Mortal Kombat Trilogy
    Tekken

Both on the PlayStation 1

11. Contrary

Who's hype for BBCP?

My main problem with the other games is that there aren't any characters I really like. Now that problem is solved.

<3 mai waifu Amane <3

goodyman8, Reudh and BeasterDenBeast like this.
  12. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Isn't he a male?
    Also, shiny Azrael moves.
    Will still probably stick with Jin.
    Anyway...
    Did they say anything about release dates?

13. Contrary

So BBCP won't be out in NA for a while, but my friend lent me a copy from Japan so yeah, going to be play a lot of that. Anyone here still thinking of getting into it?

14. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

If its not coming for a while to NA its probably not going to hit EU anytime soon.
    And then there is Microsoft/Xbox and their piece of crap region lock...

15. copper40

Basically I'm a big fan of older games - always been that way for some reason...

Either way I played some Mortal Kombat on my Sega Genesis. MUCH better than the Super Nintendo version, but I think I played a few 2d fighters on DOS.

16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

There are lots of good (old) fighting games for NeoGeo, and there are emulators that allow netplay for it.:rollseyes:

17. copper40

Fuck the Neo Geo it's too expensive. If I get another fighter it's going to be on the SNES or the Saturn.

18. lolemulator

So I just got Skullgirls for PC, and godDAMN if it isn't one polished little fighting game. Only 8 (9 with a free DLC) characters in the roster, but they all have unique playstyles and the sprites are just... really well done. Chock full of references to other games (Peacock's D / DR / R MP occasionally summons Cloud's Buster Sword, or Squall's Gunblade, Ms Fortune's Cat Scratch Fever super she occasionally says "Berserker Barrage" - one of wolverine's moves in MvC.
    It's also got one of the best tutorials I've ever seen in a fighting game - it shows you how to do the fundamentals of fighters, and each characters strengths, weaknesses and special moves.

19. Skullgirls is boss

i think i might like fighters

Reudh likes this.
  20. rank_12

rank_12 Catapult Fodder

where multiplayer game

Mods: BlueLuigi