1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 928 - Pre-steam cleanup stuff + Heads

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Nov 1, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

This build mostly has inaccessible steam-related fixes - HOWEVER

• CTF Shops now keep their menu open - this is for quick buying, its a bit buggy in how it renders, but you can click multiple times to get multiple bombs now, enjoy!
    • Void Flag Fixed - no more void captures, naughty abusers.
    • Bashing Doors etc Fixed - No more bouncing off structures when shieldbashing.
    • Added Dwarf and Pirate heads - so you can be both kinds of gruff, hairy man, or strong independent woman ;^)
    • Fixed the HUD bug with the screen “freezing” on some computers - if you were plagued by that, enjoy!

We’ve got a bunch of steam things done too, and by all accounts it “should be out Monday”, so that’s great! It’s getting vetted by valve for release as we speak :^)

Of course, knowing our track record, MM will probably be frantically posting here on Monday, but fingers crossed things actually just go ahead as planned. In the meantime, enjoy the build! Servers should be up asap (sorry for the delay!)

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

Scrub, Piano, delankski and 5 others like this.
  2. masterjen

masterjen Drill Rusher

Cant wait for the release on Steam!

Atheon likes this.
  3. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

Them have work for a year to fix all bugs to release it on Steam

Atheon likes this.
  4. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

Just wanna say thanks for the smxy progress on the game recently. You guys are awesome. Cant wait for steam release!

Atheon and Froghead48 like this.
  5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

lol im so excited for the steam release, cuz steam is awesome and I can recommend it to as many friends as I want :)

and I'm glad that you guys have solid release dates now, instead of stuff coming out "When it's ready"

Atheon likes this.
  6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Whoo hoo! Finally a fix to this!

Atheon and Guitarman like this.
  7. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

It will be good if you will add 3 Egypt heads, 3 Persian heads, 3 Sparta heads like in Ancient Wars - Sparta

Atheon likes this.
  8. Sarkalest

Sarkalest Shark Slayer

Yay! Thanks for the dwarf head.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 2, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 2, 2013 ---
    Now I want some Space Marines heads :>

9. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Heads :shad: heads :kappa: heads :fcp:, how bout teh bodies? ::P:
    See ya KAG on steam!

10. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

What I think you should do: change speed of players, remove pushing enemyes on 10.000.000.000 km out with slash, or arrows, or water bombs and arrows, change the battle:
    1) 1 guy should have able to hit all group of people, not only first of them.
    2) if 2 guys slash each other, each should have a damage
    3)archer have able to tackle by pressing S+D or S+A, then he will have able to go trought 1 block and move quickly
    4)archer should shoot like in silent beta

11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

[4] Hum, I was after Silent, but before the fundamental changes to archers... Simply, what the hell was the power gradient for archers then?
    [Archers at this point need to abuse numbers, and overcharge now-- taking full and agonizing use of their close range stuns]

[3] I don't know, iterative design's a bit of a bitch. The Archers [et al.] are a bit stuck as they are, maybe the stun and a simple dash would've saved the day.
    [Oh Well]
    :/

[2] With slashes, and stabs, I agree, it really pisses me off that damage is pretty much one-sided when it comes to two ping-delayed players striking at the same time.
    I don't really care for survivability, and this game isn't about it half the time, so I digress.

[1] This fits with the above point, ping-hit-detection is wonky.
    I'm half interested as to what would happen if we allowed fuzzier hit detection.
    It would probably make stacking a bad idea in most situations, but it'd favor the charging or offensive fighter.

12. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

In regards to 1 for Inferdy and Boea - this will lead to spam. More hearts will equal more win - plus people will constantly kill each other at the same time.

You know in Halo Reach when you both pummel each other? you know how stupid it is? yeah. #notinkagpls

eamono, paradoxicalenigma and Joiken like this.
  13. zoodletec

zoodletec Shipwright

Why is the panel trying to give me a Desura key?!?

14. Noonan

Noonan Poots Donator

It's not trying, it is giving you one.
    KAG is available on the digital distribution service, Desura.

15. zoodletec

zoodletec Shipwright

I didn't know it was being released on Desura.
    I have been watching for the steam release keys and Desura is now in the panel options.
    If you own the game do you get both a Desura key and a steam key?

16. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Correct. You get both if you purchase the game directly from the developers (so on the website).