1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

pirate ship

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by roopmoop25, Nov 1, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. roopmoop25

roopmoop25 Builder Stabber
    1. BANDITS - Thief - (Recruiting)

there should be pirate ships one where many archers can stand in the top sparrow nest (i think thats what they are called) but you can climb the ringers and paddle like other boats but this ship can be very hard to get

2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Do you just mean a warboat or longboat with a crow's nest? (I looked it up) Really, I don't see the usefulness of this, especially considering how useless boats currently are. Boats are really only good at ramming through towers on the water, and warboats work as extra spawn points. Also, archers can still easily spam arrows from inside the boat.

3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The only type of boats that would fit in this game are the ones that have enough fighting space on them, so more flat or more covered.

bobotype likes this.
  4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I think adding a pirate ship is more of a texture modification. But this does give me a good idea. Why not provide the ability to upgrade the mounted arrow on the war boat to shoot bomb arrows!?!?! The Ballista can be upgraded to shoot bombs. And the war ship is basically a water version of the ballista!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    EhRa likes this.
  5. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

I am at a loss for words.

please, for the love of god, read your post, and think about how that would affect the game.

6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Why do you think it would be a bad thing?

1. The mounted arrow shooter is easily destroyed. Mainly because as people jump around, fighting in the boat, it just gets broken.

2. The arrows fired already have a limited range. The arrows launched from a boat travel travel no where near as close to the distance ballista bolts get.

3. If they had the same structural damage as a bomb arrow it would'nt be that much damage. Maybe 3 blocks being broken at most.

4. It would primarily be used to destroy the towers blocking people from getting out of the water. War boats don't always have the ability to ram the tower that way.

5. It would be restricted to the water, so doing damage to the primary base would be out of the question.

What cons can you think of?

7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I think the actual improvement to the boats could be done in terms of having more expensive variations, warboat with built in catapult or ballista so there is no need to buy them separately and that way there will be no accidents involving them with being destroyed or packed into crate by someone, longboat could be improved but I think is still good as it is, just really weak, the biggest potential of it is the speed and ramming ability, mounted bow fits more on longboat though rather than warboat.

8. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Please don't go off-topic. This is about adding a useless "Pirate Ship". I believe you actually mean something of a Galleon. The devs have stated it is way too hard to get a giant boat in a 2d sidescroller. The warboat compensates quite nicely. Wanting a crows nest would be useless, as you can already climb the mast. This seems all too aesthetic. Go make a texture pack and we'll all be happy.

steve_jobs likes this.
  9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think having a huge ass pirate ship with cannons and a crow's nest and enough deck room to fight on would be fucking badass. Though something of this size would be better suited as a map feature than something you could buy and plunk on any map.

10. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Maybe if the map was just pure water, with two ships going head to head.

inactive_account and roopmoop25 like this.
  11. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

But that again would have to be a modded server since no vanilla maps currently have a higher water to land ratio.

12. One

Oh yes because changing the map cycle is such a hard thing to do. ;-;

13. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

But to do so, just to implement this idea of a pirate ship? :huh?:

On vanilla servers. These suggestions are to be made so that they can be added to the base game. Not to mod onto other servers.

14. One

Yeah, because it would be fucking fun

15. Graver

Graver Haxor

But mounted bow shoots really fast and bomb arrows are op now...You want to see 50 bomb arrows flying on your face?

16. roopmoop25

roopmoop25 Builder Stabber
    1. BANDITS - Thief - (Recruiting)

what if it had canons that would make it more expencive shooting bomb arrows at slow speed... you can also have a crows nest and have maby 3 cannons to make it badass

17. It's not a bad idea, but it's just not viable to do so in current sized maps.

Mods: Rainbows