1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eamono, Nov 4, 2013.

1. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Whats the deal with this, ever since beta came out all I heard was that zombies would be made by the modders, but then this is a direct quote from an interview with MM 2 days ago

im confused :(
    are MM + Geti choosing someone to make zombie mode or something?

2. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Whats confusing? zombies is in the hands of the community. It may come out as a mod, or it may not. Nothing more to it

3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

MM said he has ideas for adding zombies, am i over thinking this or something?

4. One

Maybe you need to read my post again

5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

And maybe you need to fix your attitude, One.

Anyway, zombies is indeed in the hands of the community.

Adinxs likes this.
  6. One

Fix my attitude? Get over yourself, I wasn't even being aggressive. Seriously explain to me what was aggressive about my post.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  7. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

In what way was I stating that you were aggressive? You've been constantly behaving like a dick, and I simply asked you to stop or fix that, what's wrong with that? Anyway, any further discussion regarding your attitude or whatever you want to call it, should be carried onto PM instead of this thread.

Adinxs, EhRa, Aeynia and 2 others like this.
  8. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Yeah one I read your post, but I'm trying to figure out why MM has ideas for zombies if the community is making it

9. gorka86

gorka86 Catapult Fodder

A zombie survival mode would be great, in the classic I disliked the time before they spawn, I think it was too short :/

10. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

MM can still be thinking about game modes even if he isn't the sole person making it, because I'm pretty sure that zombies is something that will have dev support even if it is being produced by modders.

Besides, not being the person making the game mode never stopped any of the community from providing their two cents in it's creation, even when their ideas were complete nonsense. <3

Tulvar and One like this.
  11. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

I don't understand why devs didn't add it to Beta, 'cause the Zombie Fortress is very good in Alpha.

12. One

It took them 6 months to develop the original zombies, which in my opinion was 6 months of wasted time. There is no reason for the devs to waste more of their precious time on a game mode that is already being made by the community.

13. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

Why wasted time? You didn't like it?

14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Like 5% of the premium players played zombie fortress actively and 1% of them liked it.
    It was bad, if you don't see how it's bad then just stop talking in this thread.

15. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

Actually, I think lot of players liked it.
    Btw, you don't have to be rude at me immediately...

Sorry for my bad English.

illu and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. One

6 months on zombies, could of been 6 months fixing the current game. However maybe without zombies the devs never would of started from scratch.

17. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

I was actually one of the people who looked forward to the Zombie Fortress mode since I enjoy the idea of survival games, sadly it didn't turn out quite as I had hoped. The only enjoyable thing about it was the fact that it was something a little bit different then the other modes but in the end it resolved with players simply sealing themselves underground or inside impenetrable sky fortresses and just waited which I can't say it was fun. You basically just stayed underground and minecrafted while zombies ran a mock.

If there's going to be another Zombie Fortress (kinda doubt unless with mods) I do hope the one who's working on it will find a balance between building, survival and underground exploration. Not to mention making it so people can't just seal themselves in and stay there for all eternity. That's just not fun at all.

Either way, to whoever might be working on zombies for KAG. I wish you the best of luck and hope it ends up something awesome.

18. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

raelian there are a few things the devs could do to stop people from doing that, one of witch is that they could make more destructive zombies or make it so that the zombies will go after you anywhere, the fact is that people were able to do that because of 2 things, 1 when the portals were destroyed the zombies would sometimes stop spawning above ground makeing people bored and then leave., and 2 zknights would sometimes stop breaking blocks and wraiths couldn't get close enough to the ground to do any damage to it because of the zombie horde.
    a few fixes for those are to not add in portals or at lest make them invincible and thhat the portals whont have anything to do with the zombies on the surface. and 3 (witch i have already said) make far far more destructive zombies, like add in bisons that could ram through walls or make a zombie that has a lit keg on its back or a mine for a head, and even make more destructive flying zombies not just wraiths perhapes make it so that gregs could drop lit kegs on top of the fort

and mazey people didn't play zfort on kagc because it started to get boring when the zombies stopped spawning and people were already having fun with ctf and the likes, i don't think its because of those though i think its because kagb came out befor zfort could catch on and then people forgot about it.

19. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Ah, Zombie Fortress of Classic... as it turns out, half the things I remember of it still allow me to more or less best the zombies.

Anyways, the one thing that pressures people to stay topside is that wood is top-side only; fighting underground is not only a bad idea, but it means you also have an infinite hoard coming at you, while underground. The worst part is when they start mauling everything, and make more ways to get to you.

Wood essentially allows you to have infinite stone, so why the hell would anyone trade the topside for the underground?

As far as the two mods that were said to be in production, I'm more looking towards the dungeoneering one.
    In which the zombies are constantly flowing underground, and you quest underground for treasure to bring back up to your town.

It'll pretty much involve very deep and wide maps that allow for a lot of room to make very interconnected and interesting modules.
    Also, if you look in the world.png, the mod author is thinking of adding that super spike trap.
    Another spoiler, from the sprites you see of the wraith-- seen in action on the alpha of Zombie Tower Wars Server-- you can see an extra few frames are added; whether or not they are supposed to solve the problem of wtf-boom wraiths, or it is a supposed to be the new feature of the wraith, I don't know.

There is a lot to look forward to, and there are about three or so new zombies in the art assets, in addition to the unused chicken, wisten, and hand.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  20. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Alpha Zombies... well lets face it, lacked in a very core selling point of KAG; PvP. now sure I mean, working together with players is fine and all that, but it was terribly easy to camp and destroy wave after wave of those predictable AI, so maybe, yeah I don't know.

Anyway if MM says hes planning on adding it, it could be something like; "When those modders are done I'll add to the game officially." Maybe, I can say nothing definite, as nothing about KAG is set in stone. So what I will say is this; I hope Zombies returns, because I have some incredible memories from it I would like to relive.