1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Adventure Mode?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Epicmarkvan, Nov 5, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Epicmarkvan

Epicmarkvan Catapult Fodder

I've been playing KAG for about two months now, and I have really REALLY enjoyed it. Something I have noticed is that it is missing a little bit of something I would really like. A sort of "Adventure" mode. Basically, take Sandbox mode, and the Take The Halls gamemode and sort of mix them together. Make a really large map with prebuilt enemy castles(halls with a lot of stuff built around them) that can't be captured and respawn enemies every, like, 30 minutes. While in the meantime you can build your own castle and do research/switch classes/stockpile resources. Maybe every now and then make the enemies leave their castle to come attack yours. You could even add Co-Op so people can build their castles and whatnot together. Thoughts, anyone? I feel like this would be a relatively easy gamemode to make given that Sandbox and the AI is already a thing. Only issue is figuring out how to have Research/Class Switch without requiring your own hall like TTH. But, I'm sure they could figure it out.

2. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Basically Overworld, this has been discussed before and the devs have said this is not the game they are going for.

3. Gouanaco

Gouanaco Shark Slayer

Also. SS(Sandbox survival) is doing something very similar to that.

You might want to check this out: http://viridimilitis.com/

:D

VanHuek likes this.
  4. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

Do want, it would boost the singleplayer so much... Seeing as the challenges are boring once finished and the current 'necromancer' quest is a linear adventure with the same pre-set story.

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If there was a single player mode that just spawned zombies during the nightime, like the classic build, and was for 1p and 2p, that'd probably make people stop asking for 1p shit.

Also it's a 2p+ game. People need to realize that.

6. Stealthkibbler

Or maybe a random generated siege mission? That would be nice. Without argument I'm sure just about everyone would love to have something similar to zombie fortress as it was a big thing in KAG.

On the terms of the siege mission, not everyone loves to build but with a few clicks of a button you could be facing the challenge of trying to siege a massive/medium/small pre-generated fort, if even better being able to command AI into the fight (Of-course usually brainless cannon-fodder) But you should get the picture. It doesn't fix into adventure much, but still it's easier to make.

Siege could very easily fit into this adventure mode, plus farming could be brought back as a feature?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    EhRa likes this.
  7. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Well I am making Sandbox Survival, which is a sp/co-op/multiplayer mod which will have a farming and hunger system - you should come to our forums to suggest ideas :) www.dev.viridimilitis.com

8. Stealthkibbler

Vanhuek replied to me, holy sh*t :O. I've been trailing at your 'mod' for weeks, and I really hope it does finish within the given time. I have a quick question is donation optional or do you need to donate to be involved when it is re-leased? Can't wait for it!

9. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

If you donate you get cool perks like in game hats and such, but the mod will be free.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    VanHuek likes this.
  10. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

You get no in-game bonuses, only cosmetics (eventually). PM me if you have more questions.

Mods: Rainbows