1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed with my first map.

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by mdk, Nov 6, 2013.

1. mdk

mdk Catapult Fodder

Hey!

I started making a map for this game and when I run the map in game I only see the bedrock, flags and spawn buildings. Everything else is gone. I've checked the colors a few times and everything seems to be in order. My theory is that some items are placed incorrectly. I noticed that the spawn building needs to be placed one block on top of the ground. Are there any other blocks with similar rules?

My map has these blocktypes:

Sky
    Dirt
    Dirt background
    Water
    Water on dirt
    Stone
    Thick stone
    Bedrock
    Gold
    Tree
    Bush
    Grass
    Stone block
    Stone background
    Ladder
    Spikes on dirt
    Blue main spawn
    Red main spawn
    Blue spawn
    Red spawn
    Trampoline
    Boulder
    Bombs

I've also put the map as an attachment if someone want's to take a look

Attached Files:

2. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I'll bet you've saved it at the wrong bit depth. Open the properties window and check what your bit depth is. The png must have 0 transparency (24 bit). Hope this helps.

3. mdk

mdk Catapult Fodder

Thanks for the quick response. The PNG had transparency so I just flattened it in photoshop and that fixed the problem.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 6, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 6, 2013 ---
    Oh wow this is pretty neat. I can edit my map the same time I have it running on the server and have my changes update by simply reloading the map on the server.

4. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

If you're also considering modding, that works even faster. Check out this video from some time ago. (I'm not sure if it still works in the current engine.)

sinnertie likes this.