1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Saws to kill team mates

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JoshTG, Nov 8, 2013.

?

Should saws team kill?

1. Yes

59.1%
  2. No ( you are bad at kag )

40.9%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

In newest patch saws no longer kill team mates, this is large upset in trap balance and i believe it should be change back as soon as possible. Saws are cheap and easy to make and will now most likely be mass produced and used everywhere without the downside of your team mates dieing.

2. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Wether or not you're "right", giving the option "No" and then saying (you are bad at kag) is just immature. People can have their opinion, and yours is not what makes you correct or not.
    Now, to the point, if saw team-kills are turned off it's to avoid griefing, but you probably didn't even think about that.
    And they do teamkill anyway.

3. JoshTG

I did think about that actually, its usually your fault if you fall into a saw and you can easily votekick griefers.
    The bag at kag thing is a joke ( learn to take one )

4. chrabeusz

chrabeusz Bison Rider

Didn't noticed mass production of saws yet. IMO saws should just break when ally falls into them.

5. Scynix

Scynix Catapult Fodder

I didn't really have a problem with it.

I would say yes, but honestly, I have to ask why?
    I appreciate the many hilarious details this game has, but there's no reason (that I can think of) that you would ever need the saw to kill your allies. Unless you're trying to grief.

What do you use the saw for that needs team damage, if I may ask?

I really doubt saws will be used everywhere. They require digging a 3 wide hole if you're trying to use them as a trap, and most experienced players that I've run into never fall into pitfall traps, ever. Except on the rare accident.

6. JoshTG

Its the fact that theyre so strong as to insta kill, even if players dont fall in them they cant get clsoe to your door if you have 1 or 2 saw pits near it. There should be a down side.

7. Gouanaco

Gouanaco Shark Slayer

This is kinda like saying. Should your own arrows deal damage to team members.
    I understand that players would spam more of these things. yes. But... if it did harm team members then this can also lead to griefing.

But i do think that saws placed by you, should kill yourself. This would fix everything (if it hasnt already been iomplemented) So... team members arnt harmed.. and players arnt going to spam Saws.. unless they want to risk killing themselves :P

8. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Didn't seem like one. But yeah, I do think that it should kill allies, it's just easy to see.

9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Why not just make saws break if an ally falls into them? This way you're gonna have to buy a new saw each time you wish to teamkill someone. And saws intentionally placed on your team's path won't create giant cesspit of death anymore.

Oh, and I really think saws should be stationary like workshops.

UnnamedPlayer and Ej like this.
  10. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

I feel like that's more of a reason to grief the actual builder, not to take into account the amount of new players that would fall into it.

11. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

I agree that having them harm enemies only makes it easy to abuse saws for team defence, but perhaps a better way to avoid that problem (and the team killing problem) would be to just make them more fragile. Such that an enemy knight could just bomb them all out if someone tries to fill a huge pit with them.

12. Scynix

Scynix Catapult Fodder

Seeing as how I haven't seen them built any more frequently, by anyone, I suspect this is a moot issue.

Plus it'd be better to wait and see if anyone actually tries to use them for traps. Time will answer whether or not this is actually an issue. Knee jerk reactions to balance changes don't help anyone.

They seem a lot easier to break than spikes do, too.

13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

There is a lot of broken shit in the game that is just being under-utilized. They should be rebalanced / fixed. Any actual competitive play is going to be just broken with water bombs and buckets, shield-flying, saws, burgers, etc.

Jlordo and Ej like this.
  14. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

OP isn't wanting saws to be used as teamkilling, just that when your teammate falls in to your saw trap, he should die. simply because its over powered as shit.

15. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Saws should kill teammates, I'm tired of falling into a saw trap and taking 5 enemies with me and none of them dieing, because it allows saws to be randomly spammed everywhere with no consequence.

16. Scynix

Scynix Catapult Fodder

Ok.. I'm playing devils advocate here because I haven't had enough time to make an informed decision either way, but this statement is... well

It was patched on the 8th. Yesterday. You're "sick of it" ? How many times have you jumped into a pit (your own fault, btw) and had five enemies lemming in after you?

I haven't even seen a single person use a saw trap since the patch. I've seen multiple tree-farming saws destroyed by enemies incredibly fast.

I haven't seen anyone "spam" saws yet, either.

I just don't see a connection between friendly fire and stopping "spamming". Friendly fire has never stopped spamming. I can still spam saws even if they kill my team mates, and seeing as how most people don't CARE if their allies fall into them ...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  17. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

It annoying though when youve got the enemies flag or something ad you fall into your teams saw that has just been lying around

18. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

A lot, actually, because new players are bad and stick to me like glue when I kamikaze into thier base or make a flag dive.

Mods: Rainbows