1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Large map server request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrabeusz, Nov 4, 2013.

1. chrabeusz

chrabeusz Bison Rider

Froghead48 likes this.
  2. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

The one thing about incarnums server that made it unique was the generators that were so....Different. every map was a whole different setup than the previous map.
    the problem with these large servers is that they take a long time to fill up. granted, once filled they provide a very fun, long, destructive battle, i still feel it will turn back into the old incarnum server. Dead.

Although with the steam release coming up, it will surely bring many new players into the classic version. this could help populate this large server.

What im trying to say, is there is a big chance that the server will just die and be empty, but there is also a good chance there will be an influx of players to populate the server. If the server does get created it would be nice to see some amazing generators or unique pre-made maps instead of bland, giant, re-occuring maps.

3. chrabeusz

chrabeusz Bison Rider

Okay, 300 poeple play CTF right now and I still see the same maps. Why is that? I kinda like 456x100 one but that's it - the rest is just too small.

4. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I think you might be thinking of the new old Incarnum servers. The old old Incarnum was a variety of pretty damn similar maps, with big enough terrain features that there was consistent variety in game play. Having a huge map with plenty of players, as well as huge potential for tunnelling and/or ground descruction with bombs and the like would be great. There's already a server that fills the niche left at the moment, but I think that could easily be improved upon.

5. chrabeusz

chrabeusz Bison Rider

Which one do you mean?

6. sxj

sxj Catapult Fodder

There are large maps?

7. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

Large map, Small map, Maps only last long enough where builders are completely decisive when teams are evenly matched.

If you want this to happen you'd have to gather up the forums, or IRC into one server right now.

8. Tulvar

Tulvar Catapult Fodder

or since the teamspeak posted ^^

9. chrabeusz

chrabeusz Bison Rider

Ressurecting the thread since IMO it still is a problem even with 20 players. One server could have current maps and another one something bigger.

bunnie likes this.
  10. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

chip in some money and ill bring back massive CTF

11. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

I feel like a massive CTF server would be more viable during summertime, schoolchildren and teenagers start playing. Currently, you're lucky to have 40 people playing in the Northern Hemisphere at once.