1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain (2D platformer roguelike-like)

Discussion in 'Other games' started by dnmr, May 8, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

2. Sounds really rad. I'm into roguelikes and whatnot. The graphics are cool. Its just weird that a lot of great indie games have been on kickstarter for a while now w/o releases.

3. dnmr

this^

The controls are also dodgy at times, and things get way too random after a while. Definitely worth checking out though, maybe they will make something decent out of it eventually.

4. Supran0va

Supran0va Ballista Bolt Thrower

hue
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Had a ton of fun playing with the demo as a miner. Love this type of shit.

e: Wish there were more classes to play as... The Commando is perfect for people who like long range, Miner is great for short-range/tank style gameplay. There's a TON of potential for this type of thing. I have played probably 10 games already this morning.

dnmr likes this.
  6. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's getting published by Chucklefish Games, who are currently making Starbound.

7. thebonesauce

The game is fucking glorious. The internet is down at school, so instead of sitting around, bored, writing notes (that were already typed out for us) on a subject idgaf about, I play Risk Of Rain. Superb and highly addictive. It's almost like RFR is the crack cocaine of vidya.

8. dnmr

new trailer out, game up for preorder, beta access is $25 (give me a break)

Looks like it will have multiplayer though, nice

9. thebonesauce

Holy jesus, $25? This game is awesome but come on...

Tro and dnmr like this.
  10. Graver

Graver Haxor

Great game but...25$? For retro graphic? What?! :O

11. thebonesauce

It's not even the retro graphics. I would gladly pay $25 for games with retro graphics (The Binding Of Isaac, Rogue Legacy, FTL, etc for example) but we haven't really seen enough of this game for there to be a $25 price tag on it. I enjoy the demo a lot, but I really don't get how they can make it that expensive. I would've paid $25 for KAG, as another example, because I paid $10 for a premium account and have gotten more than $200-$300 worth of enjoyment out of it over the last year and a half.

Tro likes this.
  12. Graver

Graver Haxor

FTL is very good game. But this not look for a game for what i can pay 25$. For 25$ i can buy BF4 preorder and very much better games :)

13. dnmr

the $25 is for beta access ._.

Preordering the game is only ten dollars
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2013, Original Post Date: Jun 3, 2013 ---
    game's out and it's da bomb
    $10 http://store.steampowered.com/app/248820/

14. Mobyduck

Mobyduck Catapult Fodder

Do you recommend this game for someone who likes roguelikes, but not one that is too hard? I love the concept of random generation, but hate when the game feels cheaty.

15. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

It gradually gets harder with a level meter of low, medium, high, extreme etc but the thing is you also gradually get stronger with items,
    best advice; just rush it, you'll get through a lot of stages before you even reach hard.

16. jwoo2023

jwoo2023 Shopkeep Stealer

Btw guys, THIS WAS MADE WITH GAME MAKER :O

17. dnmr

yes, and netcode sucks balls. It can handle two people ok, but everything starts to warp with more players.

It also slows down to hell with too many mobs, and you will get too many mobs eventually.

nope, it's hard :/

18. Mobyduck

Mobyduck Catapult Fodder

I guess I will wait the x-mas sale for a possible 50% discount. I've been playing Desktop Dungeon and that game is harsh! I have yet to win any dungeon on normal difficulty ::(:

19. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

TotalBiscuit likes this game

And so do I

20. Indeed the game is awesome and totally made my winter holidays. It has great replay value (highly addictive) and brilliant soundtrack that I can't stop listening to for past few days. Besides the artwork is fantastic and there's also interesting story behind the game itself. Really well done, and I wish there were more games like this. My only concern about the game is bad netcode and as a result desyncs and other unpleasant things that might happen during fantastic co-op mode on multiplayer (obviously fault of Game Maker) and the fact that despite they gathered 500% of their initial goal they didn't manage to port it on other OS.

But still highly recommended. :B):

Digger101 likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi