1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Starcraft 2D texture pack (Work in progress)

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by nisher16, Oct 19, 2011.

?

Should the knight class be a zealot or zergling?

1. Zealot

83.1%
  2. Zergling

18.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nisher16

nisher16 Shipwright

-So this is my first attempt to make a new sprite. I decided to go with starcraft, thought it would be fun to make a 2d starcraft feel.

-Big thanks to Nobody the dragon for original art work on zealot and marine! :)
    -Big thanks to HA1TER for the night background! :)

-Update!-
    -Screens of classes and tiles so far-
    Builder-
    [​IMG]
    Knight-
    [​IMG]
    Archer-
    [​IMG]

-You can download the sprites only (knight, archer and builder) or you can get the whole folder which includes an all new world!

-Download here-
    -2 options available

1-(Just right click and save as, then copy the file into C:\...\King Arthurs Gold\Base\Sprites) Enjoy
    2-Download the whole sprite folder and copy it over your sprite folder, C:\...\King Arthurs Gold\Base\Sprites). Enjoy

-Download sprite folder-

Class-Archer
    SC class-Marine
    -Red----------------- -Blue-
    [​IMG] ------------------[​IMG]

Class-warrior
    SC class-Zealot
    -Red------------------Blue-
    [​IMG]------------------[​IMG]
    Class-Builder
    SC class-Drone
    Red--------------------------blue
    [​IMG]------------------[​IMG]

2. nice

3. nisher16

nisher16 Shipwright

-Update log-
    -Oct.20/2011-Added zealot!More to come soon, going to make a SCV or drone maybe even probe tomorrow!

-Oct.21/2011-Tweaked the zealot sprite and added red and blue! now you can have a sc 2d war! minus the builder. All though it will be done soon! thinking zerg would be a good race!

-Oct.23/2011-Added the drone sprite , this is my first complete sprite hope it works out.

-Oct.24/2011-Tweaked the red/blue sprites to make them easier to differentiate between the
    two.

-Oct.29/2011-Added new background , tweaked sprites more and changed world tile sets! added new screens also!!! looking good if I say so my self

4. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

probe!

SlyStalker likes this.
  5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Did you make these by resizing this sheet by any chance? I think that it's good to make creative things, any way you can, but it's somewhat un-classy not to credit people for their work.

6. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Change sounds and door/teambridge pieces.
    Then i WOULD vote it for good.

Vote: -

7. nisher16

nisher16 Shipwright

I plan on redoing the whole game. working on new world pieces now, trees, dirt ect... also trying to make a drone but they are hard to animate.

8. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Make a laser arrow already, i'm forced to use the halo one

9. What? Playing in KAG as a drone? I'll love you so much if you make this possible <3.

10. nisher16

nisher16 Shipwright

-Added drone
    -Added new world tiles
    -Made a zip file of all current work

11. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

That drone is the first thing I've seen that didn't follow the original sprites basic outline. Very good work.

12. nisher16

nisher16 Shipwright

Yea I made the drone my self, just looked at a single pic of one and went from there. thanks for the compliment!

Also I am looking for someone who has access to sc sounds. I would like to add some new sounds to the KAG folder. Just PM me on this site if you are interested in helping :)

13. Darklight

Darklight Shipwright

Awesome pack tho with the new features the knight needs a few more sprites I think.

14. nisher16

nisher16 Shipwright

Added a bunch of new stuff to the texture pack, will update individual sprites tomorrow , but added lots of new stuff. Check it out. The new zip contains all of my new updates. Turned out 100 times better then I thought it ever would! still looking for someone who like's doing SFX that has access to SC SFX. PM me if you want to help! Also added new screens to let you see what you are getting into before you download!

-----Change log-------
    -added new sprites for knights!
    -added new world tile sets
    -tweaked the archer sprite
    -made trees "metal" ( still looking for a better concept, input is very welcome on this topic)
    -changed gold to minerals
    -changed stone to gas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Updates to come-
    1-Change the UI to be more SC friendly
    2-what ever you guys/girls want!

15. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Very nice, makes me wish there were three colors, also, by any chance do you intend on making sets for factions?
    blue protos, red zerg
    It would be cool if the could be changed out.

SirZergling likes this.
  16. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Zergling could be a fun warrior sprite

SirZergling likes this.
  17. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

and then hydralisk as archer

SirZergling likes this.
  18. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

spine workshop

SirZergling and Ej like this.
  19. SirZergling

SirZergling Shipwright

Zergling accepted.

Btw it would be cool if you made one team Zerg and the other Terran/Protoss.
    Like.

Blue
    Builder: SCV
    Knight: Zealot+PsiStorm-Bomb
    Archer: Marine

Red
    Builder: Zergling
    Knight: Roach+Acid-Bomb
    Archer: Hydralisk

20. Rioja

Rioja Ballista Bolt Thrower

Does this still work in 265? I never had the chance to try it out, and only just got Starcraft II yesterday.
    Edit: Nevermind, the file isnt availible. Would love someone to re-make this though.