1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Want a sprite avatar?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Tulvar, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Tulvar

Tulvar Catapult Fodder

Here's a few sprites I pulled together using screenshots and paint as well as the present sprite files. I will post more as I make more. Request other heads or post links to the sprite you'd like used. More than one sprite? Edit together a few standing next to each other, I'll see what I can do. In vehicles will require in vehicle shots to best represent it as I feel half-hearted about how these ones look but they are still silly and fun.
    1. Tested this one, I like it clearly it cuts off at about his legs
    omg.png
    2. This is my best piece so far, shows the whole thing. Requirement is the pixel length and height so this one works quite well no image loss.
    glider.png
    3. I'll probably reposition this one because you lose some details as an avatar. its size and whatnot clips the left edge. but it still looks pretty neat. Maybe at some point i'll get better image editing software and they will have backgrounds. Suggesting freeware is appreciated. Only issue currently is that paint can't paste empty area as anything but empty. no way for it to show up as the image behind it. hence the funky balloon image.

balloon.png

Action poses require screenshots, though I am searching through the files for them. I suggest sandbox for a peaceful pose taking moment. usually.

TheBlackDog likes this.
  2. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Looking good. You should make a cupcake head! :)

3. Tulvar

Tulvar Catapult Fodder

o.o erm. Well I could attempt it. I'm just using the base files nothing to do much with skill other than cutting and pasting for vehicles and stuff, color matching, and a few light touch ups. i'll look for a pixelated cupcake and see what I can do.

4. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Moved to appropriate section.

Pizza likes this.
  5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

For that kind of things, even if you are using KAG sprites, you need to know pixel art a bit because of scaling problems. I'd suggest you to try to do some pixel arts, like me ( I've made that from the TDM spawn, nothing else )
    zombietemple.png