1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Read if you have lag in a game

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Nov 13, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

If you’re playing on a server and bombs are twitching and collapses look funny and laggy then most likely the server can’t handle the action and the player count.

Please read this note in order to have an optimal and fun experience in KAG:

NETWORK LAG

- first of all we don’t support more than 32 players, the server owner can set the player limit to whatever he wants to but we know the game won’t perform fully

- check if it’s not your internet connection that is the problem (is it fast in other games? check it with www.pingtest.net/)

- you should have low ping times in games, under 100ms

- turn off all external programs (especially file downloads and Steam patching)

- use the Quick Join buttons or sort servers by ping in the browser (http://prntscr.com/23tuh2 - join green and yellow)

- there are a lot of 30 player servers out there that simply cannot take the load and are lagging, we kindly ask to not play on these servers. Our official servers have 20 players and the we find that with this setting the game is most fun and optimal performance-wise

- just join servers with up to 24 players, try a different one if it’s lagging

FPS LAG

Some things that might help run the game smoother:

- turn off help texts by pressing F1

- update your video drivers

- switch off “uncapped framerate” in Settings

- switch off “smooth shader” in Settings

- switch ON “faster graphics” in Settings

- turn off all music in Settings

- lower the resolution

- try fullscreen versus windowed

- turn off minimap (press [M] until it’s gone)

- avoid TTH with over 20 players

Original DevBlog post.

Corundum, Stevedog, Scrub and 5 others like this.
  2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Theres a server out that says X/127

Let me spell that out for you.

One Hundred

Twenty

Seven

I just want to see that many people on at one time. The lag would be so great that it would be worth just playing with that kind of lag. Bombs already don't detonate properly when I play on 40 player servers. Imagine 127 people. You throw the bomb only to have it blow up a minute later lol.

NinjaCell and Klokinator like this.
  3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Sometimes that kind of lag can be its own reward.

4. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I have two words to express this laggy epicness: Spirit Bomb.

5. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Devs, you might want to think about capping the max number of players and not leaving it up to server owners. I think a lot of people start the game, and look for the fullest server. So the "EPIC-MEGA 127 PLAYRZ" server is gonna suck in a lot of the players no matter what....

People who don't know the game (or ever read posts from you for that matter) join that, and just think the game sucks because it's "so laggy."

My 2 cents.

Vidar likes this.
  6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Also, try closing all programs you don't use ( Even more if yours are CPU using a lot ).
    Why capping the max number of players? If server can support it and the map is huge, it shouldn't be a large problem.

7. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Because it represents the game in a negative light to have servers that are hugely populated, but performing poorly. You could leave it to the server operator, but then you're relying on them knowing or caring vs. wanting to have the top server on the list.

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Why not a filter setted as default? Max players online for example. Should be much nicer than this.

9. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

A lot of the steam newbs don't really know there's an official forum for kag. I guess most thought that this game is new and all that info would be in the steam forums... xD
    I should know, some kid wanted to become admin for a server I administrate and I told him to ask the owner, he then asked what's his steam name... Another time, some other kid asks what's my own steam name.... thinking I came from there as well as he... both times I've told them to go to the official forums... and both times I've linked them the urls to the official site.

10. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

all guys go trought blocks now