1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Class Swimming Styles (Knight excluded)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Spec7, Nov 15, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Spec7

Spec7 Tree Planter

Knight (Disregard this for now)

When this class swims on the top of water surface, they should be able swim slightly faster than the usual method by swimming with a shield as a surfboard. By doing so, will render the class defenseless unless decides to cancel the shieldboard back to offensive/ default.

Archer

Swims fast underwater by performing the dog paddle for stealth maneuvering. When this class begins to run out of air, they can gradually rise for oxygen if desired or wait till the right time.

Builder

For some reason if this class wants to swim to the other side, goes by swimming the front crawl. (faster than the Knight on physical built) Same as the knight condition with swimming on the top of water surface. Of course it sounds risky if confronted enemy territory, regardless it would be interesting to see in action.

Universal (Diving)

Instead of fallen from the heights to the body of water, diving can be effective and increase the speed of the game-play on water combat. The physics of diving down hard to the floor can damage the user due to inadequate depth. If it's full of water, no damage taken just beware of the dangers that lies ahead. I imagine them as falling upside with style.

Note: None of these techniques won't help you fend yourself from the sharks.

Visuals & Sprites
    swim sample.gif Build Dive.png arch dive.gif
    Swim Dive Arch & Build.png
    Another Note: A bit of animation included along with the sprites, it may not look accurate but it'll do for now. (Swimming, 4 Frames)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    nkChehov, Crabmaster and Piano like this.
  2. WeirdEarb

WeirdEarb Catapult Fodder

I love suggestions.
    But i want to see a drawn script how this styles should look with a few pixels :P

What about paying the iron price and remove swimming from Warriors. More Shipfights. (not serious)

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Implementing animations would be pain, considering how many heads there are, and the fact that you'd need graphics for all of them.

I would be satisfied if swimming were just altered a bit, frankly, preferably to accommodate Archers and Builders, who, for whatever reason, cannot match the swimming speed of Knights....

4. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Sounds good. Maybe a mod that could be made because I think this would be some complicated scripting/coding. Maybe 2 days?

5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Knights are way too agile, stepping into water is sudden death for anyone except knights. But I'd like to see swimming animations myself too and some massive changes to the way classes behave in water.

Crabmaster likes this.
  6. SamuraiCupcake

SamuraiCupcake Builder Stabber

When I'm trying to escape from knight wearing armor, it annoys me greatly that they can go faster, using that slash trick.

I think it would only make sense to make knights slower in water, or at least make archers faster. Archers NEED to be fast, to compensate for their squishiness. Also, it would make boats more essential to the game. Oh and also, THEY'RE WEARING IRON ARMOR AND IRON SWORDS AND IRON SHIELDS, just sayin'.

7. Spec7

Spec7 Tree Planter

OP updated with visuals/ sprites and whatnot. Builder = turtle, Archer = snake? The spriting process looks complex at first but I managed to pull it off, I'm not familiar with scripting.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
Mods: Rainbows