1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

You know, you could at least say the title (which is Kill ga Kill) and say why you like it instead of being a pleb.

Fate likes this.
  2. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

I really like Highschool DxD. Has that been mentioned?

3. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Tbh, episode 25 of shingeki no kyojin was really shit, it left so many questions unanswered;
    What did they find in the basement?
    fyi; Annie had freinds that could also turn into titans ( found all this shit unanswered watching the anime but on the wiki)
    • Bertholdt Fubar could turn into the 60m titan, colossal titan
    • Reiner Braun could turn into the 15m Armoured Titan
    • Ymir could turn into the (unkown height) Dancing titan
    How did they get these powers? it only shows a bit of annie childhood how his father is telling her just trust him only or some shit
    I could go on about all these unanswered questions.

*correct me if im wrong ::D:*

//edit from Kouji: Learn to Spoiler. I personally don't care since I read the manga and knew all of this already, but seriously, learn to spoiler important shit like this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
  4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Spoiler that shit, nig lord.

@FuzzyBlueBaron

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Apronymous and Digger101 like this.
  5. SlyStalker

digger someones being rascist beat him up

6. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Okay, so I recently started watching Mushishi. I absolutely love it, because it's similar to Kino's Journey, which is my favourite anime series hands down. It has very good, mysterious and calm OST as well.

7. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Best anime evah:

Hawxx and Fate like this.
  8. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Was that a windows icon I saw on the back?
    Also, 1:21 - Wilhelm Scream detected.
    Oh shit, it was windows.

9. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

Oh my god. Was that just an Ad-for internet explorer which is free?

10. I'm currently watching Sword Art Online. One of many great Anime's. It is only a shame it is such a short series.

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Get with the times Butterscotch. Next you are going to tell me that you haven't even heard of Attack on Titan and how it's the "bst anime evur!1! xdxdxdxd".

Anyways, currently as far as this season is concerned my favorite one so far is: My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy aka Ore no Nōnai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Rabu Kome o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru aka Noucome. It's a stupid harem, rom com, but it's pretty hilarious and ridiculous. Basically a guy who has fairly normal reasoning is cursed to make a choice between things that pop up in his head (regardless of how ridiculous it might be) or he'll get an extreme migraine. With the help of God and a Helper, he attempts to remove the curse. Anyways, finished episode 5 right now and I'm still interested in it.

12. I'm sorry to be a bore.

(I have seen of Attack on Titan, but it is not the best anime ever)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    Kouji likes this.
  13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Do yourself a favor and don't watch season 2. It's bad.

14. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Why the fuck are anime names so goddamn long. I mean seriously? "My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy" aka "Ore no Nōnai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Rabu Kome o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru"? How do they fit that on the DVD box?

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You realize the ones with really long names are coincidentally the ones that bomb 99% of the time and get the shittiest of dubs, right?

16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I'm following "I Couldn't Become a Hero So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job". The premise is that for a long warriors all over Japan were training to defeat this evil demon warlord guy (basically think a bunch of Links training to beat Ganon). But eventually the demon was defeated and all the heroes in training were out of a job, so with no marketable skills they were forced to get boring normal jobs.

I think this is a really great premise with a lot of room to explore themes that are really relevant to our generation, such as the current job bust and the startling realization that not everyone can live their dreams. However the show decides to go a different direction, instead focusing more on boob jiggle and splattering the female lead with various substances that all resemble semen. Still a fun show.

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So it's a hentai?

/watches anyway

dont judge me i live alone

18. SlyStalker

You get stronger if you live single for longer, apparently ::P:

19. Kouji

Yeah, it was the initial reason I looked into it. Had it gone that route, I'd probably have stayed interested past episode one, but as you said it goes:
    and ecchi at this point kind of just bores me when it's that type. If the ecchi were closer to something from Monogatari series, or just so ridiculously and impossibly contrived like in To-Love-Ru where MC's face is basically a magnet for the opposite sex's crotch then at least it'd have something more interesting going for it. However it falls flat to me on both sides.

A similar but better anime imo is Hataruku Maou-sama aka "The Devil is a Part-Timer" (which I'm also going to guess is where probably most of the intial premise of "I couldn't become a Hero So I Reluctantly Decided to Get A Job" came from). Biggest difference though I'd say is that rather being Rom/Com/Ecchi, it's actually Action/Rom/Com.

20. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

>implying your bodies are ready

Mods: BlueLuigi