1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions? Post here

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Kouji, May 8, 2012.

Mods: Gurin
  1. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I do have a question, how do you change your name in KAG? I mean I came from steam so I don't know much about changing names and stuff in the game.

2. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

You Press HOME which opens the console then type the following command : /cl_name yournamehere

3. Lee_Shioon

I got around the part where you can change your name using the KAG's console, but how can you change your name permananetly. The reason is because it goes back to my initial username, everytime I leave/join servers.

4. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

@Nay-than
    The only way to actually change your name in the database, is to donate and ask. It's too much hassle to let people do it for free, and if it is free, it would be easy for griefers to constantly change their identity. As it stands, they don't want to play 5 dollars each time.

5. Lee_Shioon

I didn't know that there are cases happening with what you just mentioned. Well, I don't mind donating but I don't like being forced to donate just to unlock some perks. Oh well, I'll pass for that one or I'd prolly soon change my mind. Thanks for the advice @Jlordo

6. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Wait, aren't you using Steam? If so, can't you just change your Steam Nickname?
    E:
    Here's the FAQ on it.
    Can I change my account name?
    It is a hassle for the staff - several different systems share user/authentication information, but it is possible. Because of the previously mentioned problems we offer name change only to people who donate to forums and PM Furai/Shadlington about it.

Can I change my in-game name?
    Yes. If you are using Steam you can just change your Steam nickname and it will update in-game the next time you respawn. If you aren't, you can go into the console by pressing "Home" then typing /cl_name (your name here) and your new nickname will appear the next time you respawn.

7. Lee_Shioon

Yes, I did forget to mention that I bought it off steam. I guess I'll kindly donate :) However, I can change my nickname through steam although it'll still be the same with my steam username though. I'd like it to be different just so that I don't have to use my steam name in the game. (Also a question, What steps should I do to link my steam account here in the forum? Because my current account is not recognised as a premium user.) Thanks :)

8. MeAtItzFinest

MeAtItzFinest Horde Gibber

I cant find my clan page? its called ALPHA. =(

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

10. ZeldaMarioDude

ZeldaMarioDude Tree Planter

Where is the list of forum ranks. I mean the one below your names (Tree Planter, Builder Stabber, Shipwright, etc)

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

12. Swiftx

Swiftx Cleave and Smile Donator

How does one go about becoming a premium member? Also what are the different types of members?

13. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

You are a premium member because you've bought the game (designated by your gold name).

The different types of members are outlined here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/staff-list.6127/
    You can also see how to get different forum titles by looking at the link in Kouji's post directly above yours.

14. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

To become a premium member you just need to buy the game.You're premium.
    There's those "types" of members:
    Normal - normal players
    Premium - players that bought the game
    Testers - players that test the game before it become public
    Guards - players that are global moderators - green name
    Devs - developers of the games - purple name
    edit:
    jackitch 2fast4me

15. Swiftx

Swiftx Cleave and Smile Donator

Thanks brother

16. kappak

kappak Catapult Fodder

Maybe a noob question, but how do i get this Want.png head in game?

Attached Files:

17. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

That's a custom head for @JTG and @Monsteri . It cannot be worn from other players.

18. Kanade_Tachibana

Kanade_Tachibana Catapult Fodder

I have kag on steam but it has some problems so i want to download the full version from the site however u can only buy it from the site even though i already have it. what can i do? i want the kag version which is not connected to steam but i don't want to re buy.

19. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

20. SirBlock

SirBlock Catapult Fodder

What does minecrafting mean? I was told it means tunneling into the enemy base (which I was also told is a stupid tactic), but I don't believe that's true.

Mods: Gurin