1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Clash of the Sundered Kingdom

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Contrary, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

Let the record show now, in the event that any faction goes all My Little Pony you will probably be hunted down instantly by all other factions despite anything. Just saying to keep that in mind.

2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Please post your app in the thread over at General Discussion.

3. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

I like the gold idea to influence things at the start of a battle but I suspect the modding aspect would be way too hard for something like this

4. Ramsis

Honestly Sly it sounds like this is a project that could attract quite the large team of coders/skinners/map-makers/etc. If everyone puts in a bit of effort we could probably get a really advanced system in little to no time at all.

5. SlyStalker

You may be right but it is more important to get this framework going as soon as possible than worry and play with ideas that may bear fruit in the future. Is this not the first running of the program?

EDIT: Hey... you didn't have to delete that post you made earlier... it was quite interesting, actually.

Ramsis likes this.
  6. Ramsis

Deleted post? The hell are you talking about o.O? I didn't delete a thing and I think guards have to alert us if they pull anything lol. ANYWHO, yeah this project is still at bare bones, but planning for the potentials of the future mean that a dev team can stay motivated to eventually meet extreme goals. It's how I keep my teams motivated along the board.

The first gen will just be a month or two long slapfight between the different colors, maybe second gen will add little perks, 3/4th will refine the prior stuff maybe add more internals, 5th gen who knows, 6th gen may be the semi-finished product. Or Contrary may inform me that I'm a fucking idiot and completely ignore anything I or anyone mention in terms of ideas lol. I just threw out some ideas I had is all. I pestered the hell out of Geti long before beta was even thought of ever coming out for a drill or vehicles for builders, then one day HOLY CRAP WE HAVE DRILLS. You can ask Max, I literally harassed him over it in mumble and the forums, it was pretty swell. Still think we should have a vehicular drill...

[​IMG]
    Taric dreams of a world of drill-carts.

//Edit by FBB: for crying out loud, spoiler big pics like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  7. SlyStalker

Oh, my bad, the post was still there XD sorry

Question: Are you a game/software developer? You have very clear ideas of moving forward.

Also, Contrary might reject you... He's cold :QQ:

8. Ramsis

Depends on how loosely you use the word Dev. I keep teams of workers together for projects, mostly focus atm on Minecraft stuff due to the never-ending stream of kids wanting to get new stuff in the game but I've project managed for plenty of other games in my time. Contrary and I have actually been friends for quite some time. Like most of the Guards, I befriended a majority of them from my original KAG clan and just followed suit with the new ones as they hopped on board. He may accept some, he may tell me to eat a big one. Either way I threw some hefty ideas out and I'd love to get some feedback from anyone who reads it. Critique is fun.

9. SlyStalker

So you're a MC Modder, then?

EDIT: Whoops sorry off topic please don't kill me :rekt:

BACK ON TOPIC!
    Will this program thingy be running multiple times?

10. Ramsis

Well atleast for now, we're getting rather off topic though so if you want throw me into a convo and we'll continue this chatter when I wake up in a few hours. SORRY CONTRARY FOR THE SPAMMAGE! FEEL FREE TO CLEAN UP!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  11. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Why not just give those who compete a cool hat and those who win a cooler one. Everyone loves hats. You said you are competing to win glory and bragging rights. Nothing is more glorious than a hat. And by wearing a hat that you got for being the best all the time is kind of like constant bragging to anyone who isn't blind.

Joiken likes this.
  12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Wow harsh. Like I said, we are definitively interested in new ideas as the project moves forward. Even for the immediate future suggestions as to the game mode and general management are highly appreciated. We've spent a long time planning this out but there will be kinks.

Also, the only deleted posts I see are some silly spam spam on the first page.

Superblackcat and Joiken like this.
  13. Will there be ONLY 5 people per team?

14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

No, it will depend on the numbers of sign-ups of course.

15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I am kinda busy with school and life atm but sorting will begin very soon. Probably Thursday unless Wednesday's party gets too crazy.

16. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I am greatly looking forward to this

17. This on beta right? (Stupid question, but my stupid brain must know)

18. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yes. :yes:

(Otherwise, it would probably be in the KAG Classic section.)

Superblackcat likes this.
  19. lilramboST6

lilramboST6 Shipwright

So is this going to be super competitive? Or more for fun, cause some of the other tournaments in the past have been pretty serious and less 'just for fun' (which to a certain degree isn't as cool) but I myself am not a fan of ultra elite tournaments.

20. Hope its onyl fun, I don't like super competitive ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.