1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[939][Gen] Water Ammo Discussion

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by JoshTG, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Water arrows are a great way for Archers to assist Knights that are out fighting, and Water bombs are a great way for a skilled bomb-thrower to take out other Knights.

Of course, some people don't like the idea of Archers being able to do anything useful, and mod their server to make water arrows and water bombs cost 10,000 coins (totally not pointing fingers at anyone in particular *coughArcravecough*).

Knights' shields are so incredibly good at blocking just about everything that they ought to be weak to something other than slashes and point-blank arrows, anyway.

Don't back down and let people convince you otherwise, Geti - water ammo needs to stay.

Kriegson and Crabmaster like this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The only way I ever use them is by buying one, charging legolas shot, then firing at an enemy. You stun them and damage them.

Otherwise I find them to be mostly useless :/

3. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I don't believe in gifs as valid form of presenting arguments but these are just too damn good.

Kriegson, Duplolas and Klokinator like this.
  5. water ammo is fucking awful.
    water bombs allow bad knights to simply stun and kill better players that try to kill them
    water arrows are basically AOE ARROWS. A-O-E, ARROWS. they also work just like water bombs which is just additional lol

it doesnt take any skill to throw a water bomb forward, you just press the damn button and lock your enemy in a stun. how hard is that tell me

6. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Never was a fan of water bombs/arrows since it was so easy to throw/shoot the bomb/arrow to near me and stun myself and then get killed. X_x

Although after noticing this thread I recently started using water bombs and after practicing a lot and I noticed one thing... once you get the hang of throwing them properly it becomes easy as shit to kill people. I love how you can use them to catch fleeing archers but I can understand the pain of an experienced knight when he gets stunned by one of these and then killed by an average skill knight player.

Think I'll just go back and continue using water bombs/arrows in every battle I can and see what happens. Will the entire KAG community start shouting for more nerfs until the water bombs/arrows get removed or will someone discover a valid way of dodging/countering those pesky water bombs/arrows? Time will tell!

7. Nighthawk

I used to dislike water ammo, but if you look at how little it's used in CTF as opposed to stuff like bombs and bomb arrows, it seems stupid to remove it.

@Ej
    I think you forgot to mention that these "AOE arrows" (whose AOE is not really that large in the first place) don't deal any damage whatsoever, but only stun. The stunning doesn't even last that long, either - only long enough for a fast-acting, opportunistic Knight to rush forward and pull off a double slash if they have good timing.

As far as I've seen, the people who are calling water ammo OP are the people who are insanely good at playing Knight and don't want anything to get in the way of their nigh-invincibility. Well, grow up. You need to realize that people who don't play your favorite class are already getting the short end of the stick; Archers have a stupidly low damage output with regular arrows, and you want to take away their only effective method of supporting their teammates in a fight? Come on, guys. Don't complain because a person taking advantage of water ammo causes your KD to drop lower than 3:1. Jeez.

Crabmaster likes this.
  8. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

[​IMG]

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I've come to learn that Yagger 9/10 times responds with a gif. And that gif is always relevant, hilarious, and completely correct.

Also my opinion on water bombs/arrows is... I don't really care. It doesn't do damage, it's handy in some situations but I think you can stun yourself and teammates with it really easily, and because of the exploding on impact and my terrible aim it usually becomes a tool of uber accidental griefing than anything. In the hands of a highly skilled player it's probably somewhat OP, but then again a sword slash is more OP when timed properly.

10. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

no one is complaining about water arrows? I think water arrows are crucial to archer. So if anything im helping the archers out by asking for knights to have something nerfed/removed. Also i think i speak for most knights that water arrows ARE NOT the main concern here.

11. i dont give a single fuck about my kd, i also dont care about dying to other classes.
    what annoys is when people who are worse than me kill me with ease just because theres that one retarded item which only purpose is killing people.
    if you ever noticed, every single weapon in kag bar water bombs and arrows is used for structure demolition too. water ammo is a cheap way to only kill people and do nothing more. its a weapon of scumbags who farm kills/shitty campers whose goal is to never lose and never win because lelstun

now again, im not going to further argue because im pretty sure im right and i dont see a reason to spend 20 pages trying to persuade an archer that a class thats supposed to be based on aim shouldnt get aoe

Arcrave likes this.
  12. Nighthawk

Based on aim? Based on aim? Really? If Archers were so based on aim, we wouldn't:
    1) be encouraged to get close to actually do damage with triple shots
    2) have the spammy triple shot ability to begin with
    3) have arrow deviation (Yeah! We do!)

If Archers were based on aim, and were at all effective at sniping people, we would have no need for those things. But guess what? Archers are less based on aim now. Their main purpose is to continually annoy enemies with little bits of damage in order to get money, then use that money to serve their other purpose, which is blowing holes in buildings and burning stuff.

Water ammunition is not used for the purpose of killing people just for the sake of killing them. If you didn't know, recent changes have rendered Archers incapable of firing regular arrows after shooting a water arrow, which means they can't take advantage of the stun they inflict themselves. It's a support weapon, as I've said a thousand times.

Additionally, Knights who use water bombs are either using them to escape and heal (a perfectly viable tactic) or to take out enemy Knights while they're on their way to attack the enemy base.

You cannot say water ammunition is purely for camping and farming kills. It simply isn't true.

Oh, and I believe I've posted this before, but it applies:
    [​IMG]
    Use them.

Saigon, Crabmaster and Rocinante like this.
  13. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Wow, I forgot to check this thread for a week or something and boy did things get angry in here...

I have to agree with Nighthawk in a lot of this, archers at least need to keep their water arrows. Also that those who complain about dying to lower skilled players because of a single item need to get over it, welcome to a mixed skill based community, if you wanna continue to be in the "highest tier" than maybe figure out the best ways to not die to water ammo...also you can use this ammo too, have fun!

Again I will just say I hardly die to water ammo, so I have no bitterness toward it.

Also these gif replies are dumb, frustrating, and don't amuse me at all, mainly because I know there is a level of mocking that comes with using pictures instead of legit arguments.

14. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

Exactly! As Archer I always use the water arrows to support my knight/builder - enemy knights incoming? I'll pop a water arrow on them so my builder can escape, or I'll do it so my single ally knight can maybe take out or at least damage one of them. If anything should be taken away, it's water BOMBS (Unless you can not attack right after that either, then it's not a problem.. I don't really play knight all that often as they just scoop up kills ;P And I have no idea how I am doing it when I do it. I prefer the archer's mobility anyway.)

15. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yes the whole time weve all been sayin to take away the water bombs. it seems like 3 guys are in favor of them and 50 are against it, the fact that those three guys get to have their way is bull crap in my opinion

Arcrave likes this.
  16. Kriegson

Kriegson Catapult Fodder

I hardly see water bombs used in pugs, so not much of an opinion on that, however a good replacement might be a chicken arrow. It launches an egg, that hatches into a chicken.

[​IMG]

Sir_Walter and Ej like this.
  17. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

Sounds awfully useful!

18. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

Don't underestimate chickens. They're pretty op if you know how to use them, especially in ctf mode.

19. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

All these pubs that I taught that you could breed chickens in TTH / CTF.

Number one reply is always "chicken secks time"

Apronymous likes this.
  20. I rarely ever see players use water ammo/bombs, but maybe thats just me. I rarely ever use water bombs, to be honest. I can't really say if they are incredibly stupid/op or fine, as I really haven't seen ANY pubs using them/using them well enough for me to notice/get angry. So I guess that really points to them being fine.