1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What's coming next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Now that we have done the world-wide Steam release and our playerbase has grown substantially we are heading towards new objectives. These are the main ones:

1. Cleanup
      There are some bugs (you’ve seen them) and some things need polishing and explaining (you know what I mean). This is first priority and me and Max will be spending this week and the next on this probably.
    2. People want a simple in-game map editor. We will give it to them.
    3. Steam Achievements
      Whether you like them or not you’ll like our idea for achievements. We have a really cool concept that’ll be fun instead of stupid or ridiculously competitive and will add to the game.
    4. Fix modding. Attempt to document scripting. Attempt to refactor scripting.
      I’m writing ‘attempt’ because I’m not sure it can be done. We don’t want to break existing scripts but at the same time I feel the engine needs some sorting and cleaning.
    5. More TDM maps
      More maps are always welcome in other game modes but we desperately want new deathmatch maps!
    6. Get community content
      We want stuff from you in the game! We’ll write a bigger post about this later, but for now just know we are looking for new maps (TDM/Challenges), tutorials (in-game and video) and simply usable hacks and fixes.
    7. We are gonna be introduced into other stores, some of them somewhat “modest”.

This stuff is short-term, which is by our measures a matter of weeks.

Long-term we have plans too, I won’t say what it will be, but if you followed KAG’s development you might suspect what we want to do or what is still left to be done. This might involve a new gamemode and/or new vehicles.

Stay tuned and have fun!
    MM

Original DevBlog post.

2. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

oh you dont even know how happy i am to hear this. new stuff out the wazoo. brings yet another tear to my eye.

3. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Do you think that there will eventually be a Steam Workshop implementation? I believe that I've seen this question before, but I'm curious if anything has changed. It would be nice to broaden the modding horizon, opening it up to the more mainstream Steam user.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Not likely. You don't need to do anything clientside for mods to work other than click "yes, download this", there's no reason for workshop integration other than to make people aware that there is modding, something that can be achieved by other means.

101i likes this.
  5. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Hurrah!, I've been looking forward to Steam Achievements and (possibly) new vehicles and game-modes in the long run? Count me in!

6. class101

class101 KAG Lover Donator

Been looking for a Cleanup thank you guys !

7. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

1. People want a simple in-game map editor. We will give it to them.
      I think so...

NinjaCell likes this.
  8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

@Geti
    Would you mind drawing some trading cards while coding achievements?

9. replace tdm with rtdm and i will make maps :^(

10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Zombies anyone?

NinjaCell, Cartel_Evans and makmoud98 like this.
  11. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

Let's not hit the pinata too fast here.

12. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

Jeep and Zombies :rollseyes:

13. Finally I can make my awesome maps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I really hope bedrock falls...when supports are gone, Does it?

14. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I was gonna try making new maps so I'll wait a while for that ingame map editor. I remember the old one, but it was a bit... ugly.

Really looking forward to it. Also especially those bugfixes, but save sword slashing with kegs for last because I feel like a beast when I'm killing people while lugging a keg around.

makmoud98 likes this.
  16. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Yes! A ingame map editor! Thank you!

You better create trading cards! 25252525

Can't wait to see what shop(s) you re adding ::D:

And I think I already know what gamemode it is 252525252525252525252525 If it is, I will be so happy.

17. TerranMarine

TerranMarine Haxor

zombies? please?

18. The abuse of smilies though...

19. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

Awesome news! How about adding a gamemode like Search & Destroy or maybe some kind of protect the caravan? One of the teams must bring a caravan from one map side to the other and the other team, in the beginning, must build stuff to slow it down but with LIMITED resources. No cutting trees, mining etc. Like Payload or whatever that gamemode is in TF2.

20. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

In-game map editor will make map-making a lot more approachable for most people, which is absolutely great.\

I hope there are some gameplay changes included in the next update as well, though, because there has been huge controversy surrounding things like water ammunition and class balance, and I think those things need to be addressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.