1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

News on Steam keys for Desura players

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Nov 11, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

If you’ve bought the game from Desura and are trying to get a Steam key you’ve probably encountered that right now you can’t do it. Unfortunately we have a serious defect in our key generation system that doesn’t allow to do this safely for Desura.

You will get your Steam key when we write the system to distribute the keys, we will have this working this week.

After we do this, purchases from Desura most likely won’t grant you a Steam key. Only the ones from before.

So if you’ve purchased already on Desura, don’t worry, you’ll get your Steam key this week.

MM

EDIT by Furai:

Please redeem your gold codes on your accounts. There is no other way for us to verify that you come from Desura and are eligible to get KAG key.

Here are the instructions.

Original DevBlog post.

Noburu, Scrub and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  2. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Thanks for the information. I have bought the game 3 times form you guys. Once directly then twice through indiegamestand. Today I gave one of my un-redeemed indigamestand copies to a friend so he could be introduced to this wonderful game, the only thing is, he is a huge steam user.
    I helped him make the account (I was physically with him at the time) and introduced him to the forums etc. I may have missed something but from what I gathered there was no 'redeem steam key' button for my friends account on the kag2d.com account panel, as a pose to the button available to me.

Will copies bought through indiegamestand get a steam key as well?

3. vcg7

vcg7 Catapult Fodder

Hello. I was confused by the update. Are IndieGameStand purchasers still getting Steam Keys?

4. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

Thank you for the information. I was not able to redeem the key either. Also, your support team is beast! ~2 min. response time!

5. MCAlex

MCAlex Catapult Fodder

Hi guys, I have bought a key on indiegamestand, are we getting a steam key too? Also, I read Desura buyers should add the key here: do we - IGS buyers - need to do that too?
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 16, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2013 ---
    Ok now I have added the Desura Key - received with the IGS "key" - here and I look like to be a premium. But when I go to Panel and click on "get the steam key" it says I already have it and that's not true! So what's happening?

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'm terribly sorry but we still haven't fixed the issues mentioned in the main post.

7. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

Any news? :D

8. sjheiss

sjheiss Shipwright

I bought KAG over a year ago (12/30/2011 to be exact) on Desura, and have had gold activated for a long time, yet when I go to the Panel on the main site and click "Get your Steam key!" it says "You have already gotten a key from Steam or Desura". I bought the game on Desura, so I don't see why I would've needed to get a Desura key, and I sure haven't gotten a Steam key yet since the game just came out on Steam. WHen will this problem be fixed?

9. Devil_Man_X

Devil_Man_X Catapult Fodder

This is getting quite ridiculous. I've been waiting more than a year for the possible Steam launch and only bought the game on Desura to support that. Here we are nearly a month after Steam launch and they seem to be doing nothing to get us what we were promised. Not cool.

10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

We are doing our best to keep our promises. Nothing stops you to download the game from our website, install it, login with your premium account and play. The Steam version and the version on our website are completely the same. You will be able to play with Steam users.

You still have access to the game, why is this Steam even a thing?
    Anyway, we're really sorry for the trouble - people will get their Steam keys.

PS It haven't been a month yet.

Iamaclay likes this.
  11. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

12. Devil_Man_X

Firstly, I should point out that when I bought the game I paid $12.49 on Desura and it was on sale as the game was claiming to retail at $29.99 at the time I believe. Which is more than the game is selling for on Steam ($9.99). It was also promised that when the game launched on Steam, previous supporters would get that version.

Secondly, Steam is a thing because your company said it was. By one adding the game to Steam and two promising supporters a copy. Steam is a big deal in gaming which is why your company wanted to be released there. It is also why your company promised to give Steam copies to supporters. Which made it more likely to get a Steam release by way of support as well as building up positive feedback from players. If I were not promised a Steam copy I would not be unhappy that I haven't gotten it.

There have been claims since launch that Steam keys would be "coming soon" and here we are. It is NEARLY a month later (more than 3 weeks) and still no keys. Of course I know I can play the game on Desura or by a direct download here but that is not the issue. I feel like I have allowed more than substantial time for your company to fix the issue before saying anything about it. It is only fair now that I voice my opinion on the issue as I feel like I have not gotten fair support in return.

Iamaclay and Contrary like this.
  13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

It also seems to me like a silly thing to fret about but you are presenting your case pretty reasonably. I don't know if this is helpful or not but this game has had a lot of delays though it has never been for lack of trying. The development team is basically just two guys, one who has to take care of a family and the other who's also handling a full course load of school (it's exam time right now!). That's no excuse but maybe its some consolation that the devs do care and are scrambling to get things working for you as much as they are able.

14. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I have personally found the support to be excellent and only voiced my opinion just to get a little news. "In progress" is fine as I can still enjoy the game 100% as much without steam.
    These guys ARE working on the issue so don't worry Devil_man_X we'll get our keys ::):

15. Devil_Man_X

Exactly my point. I am not trying to insult or belittle the devs. I simply thought that it had been a fair enough time and wanted to voice my concerns. Is it the end of the world? No, of course not. It is however, disappointing.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Iamaclay like this.