1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

In your eyes, what _small_ quality of life suggestions would vastly improve the game?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by lavalord, Nov 23, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

The title says it all.

2. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The first thing I can think of is allowing builders to overwrite new tiles over damaged ones, effectively repairing them without having to hack the damaged one out first.

On a similar note, the raycast used to determine if a space is within the builder's line of sight for tile placement could stand to be a little more forgiving.

And lastly, the builder tile targeting selector could stand to be a little less hell-bent on selecting one's own structure for demolition when you're just trying to dig out nearby dirt.

Sir_Walter, Froghead48, Beepo and 6 others like this.
  3. I'm pretty sure that's on the books for future updates!

hierbo likes this.
  4. hierbo

I'd really like some more in-game admin tools; nothing too fancy.
    The ability to see player names on mouseover from spectator mode would be great.
    Also, the ability to have the camera follow a specific character while spectating would really be nice, too, especially if you're trying to catch cheaters/griefers in the act.
    Also, increasing the visibility of the rcon server messages would be helpful too, as often they are not seen before they scroll by.

Klokinator, Noburu, Suess and 14 others like this.
  5. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Yeah without the inf range name detection freezing is pretty useless unless you are on the griefers team.
    At the moment the only thing Ive seen freeze used for is Foxodi molesting me in a corner. :(

We have the ingame map editor to look forward to aswell :0

Froghead48 likes this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Chat transparency.

7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The classic GBA style graphics the Devs promised us long ago.

Froghead48, NinjaCell and BlueLuigi like this.
  8. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

Neato menu screen with dynamic objects and 3d shaders

9. Can you put little emblems on the side of players showing what class they're playing?

yessign.PNG <Put these

nosign.PNG <Into Beta

Not a big change, but they'd be nice to have :D

10. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

And make them a bit more clear, would be nice

Suess likes this.
  11. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

I absolutely agree, not to mention the problem becomes more apparent at smaller resolutions.

Below are just of a few of many small changes I would personally like to see.
    1. Lit kegs not exploding when broken by melee attacks
    2. Fire arrows activating kegs
    3. Priming time for water arrows/bombs
    4. Stolen mines (taken from a corpse backpack) changing teams
    5. Stolen bomb arrows (taken from a corpse backpack) not instantly exploding when fired and killing you
    6. Jabs not instantly breaking drills
    7. Fire damage having consistent effects and a full heart of damage
    8. Brighter nights
    9. Spikes granting kills
    10. Expanded kill feed

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  12. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

Smaller full-sized map for small resolutions (or better transparency options).

My resolution is 1024*768. I have big problems with reading the whole battlefield as an Archer, because I can't have the full map open. If I have the full map open, in some maps almost half of my screen is filled with the map.

The problem is the same for all classes, but with Archers it is the biggest, because you live on vertical movement.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  13. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

KAG is a great game but all these tiny quirks do make games frustrating at times.

1. Kegs shouldn't insta-explode when you are fighting someone with a lit one on their back.
    2. No more insta-captured siege weapons when you sit in them, maybe faster capture rate but instant capture is the worst thing when your team has a Ballista, bomb jumpers literally make Ballistas more harmful to your team.(Don't get me started on why I feel bomb jumping needs a slight nurf or Builders need some buff)
    3. Make corpses not trigger landmines. Corpses are everywhere and make these weapons too easy to use to crack open 2 block thick structures. Many times have bomb jumpers gotten on the roof of my base and thrown some down on top the flag room, then used their high ground and the fact the floor is covered in mines to keep the area theirs and eventually break their way in.
    4. Make the new stomp features work for Archer more than Knight, I feel like that change has given Knight more of buff than it did Archer...also combat feels a little wonky.
    5. Slightly lessen the effect of bombjumping...I know a lot of people will hate me for saying it but boy it is OP.
    6. Spikes not being able to be placed where they wont hold...wasting 30 stone is bad.

Those are about it...some are smaller...Gameplay wise some of them are bigger. I hope I didn't list too much stuff?

crackwise likes this.
  14. DumbOne

DumbOne Catapult Fodder

Hi guys, I just started last week after the RPS review. I love this game! Here are a few things I'd like to see.

1. I would like to see a "bank" type building that the worker could build for CTF that would have the storage function that the Halls have in TTH.
    2. Let players drop or transfer coins.
    3. Multi-language localization/Asian servers. (Localization would lead to servers I believe)
    4. The builder shop should have the ability to change wood into stone, even if it's something like 200 wood for 10 stone. This would make tree farming another aspect of the game.
    5. The ability to build trap blocks in both colors regardless of the team. (This would allow for some cool door alternatives).
    6. A diving helmet you can place in your inventory to double (triple?) your underwater time.

15. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

@DumbOne

I've also wondered why there's no possibility of storage in CTF. Seems reasonable.

Re. diving helmet — Build doors underwater so that your character's head can move into it. Breathe easy. Having said that, a diving helmet mod allowing characters to stay underwater for prolonged amounts of time and then having a modded gamemode based on that would be awesome. Just an underwater based gamemode would be truly a mod to hope for, IMO. I played on the SHARK underwater server when it was still up and I thought it was a great idea even if it was really simple.

EDIT: Also of note is this: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/submarine.17419/

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  16. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

-1 for Suess' idea, it's way nicer without knowing the classes. Although it'd be ok if you could turn it on with a variable. I'd play it if not all servers had it.

1) Remove double slash (almost) automatically make it a little bit more difficult (easier than in classic though).
    2) Mine explodes on stab and doesn't break; If I'd poke a mine with a sword I think it'd rather explode than break.

17. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

I agree with you but I say make it harder because beta double slash is easier then classic and classic double slash isn't really hard at all but just a click spam after your first slash against someone.

1. At least delete that "fling" noise when you do the double slash, that annoys me lol (unless that's just me)
    2. Make the quick slash not be so quick :P

18. hierbo

I really think it would be a relatively small matter to make characters have more customizable appearance, either via a simple set of color saturation controls to change the non-team-oriented colors on a character's armor, or whatever means the graphics guy sees fit.

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I find it needlessly difficult to identify specific people I'm playing with. The heads are not enough, as they're small, subtle, and often duplicated within a game, so many characters often are identical in appearance.

Sir_Walter, NinjaCell and Crabmaster like this.
  19. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

-1 Lit bombs placed in your inventory can be pulled out with space.

-2 You can pull a Boulder out of your inventory with space.

^These two would make my life so much easier.

20. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Why would you place a lit bomb in your inv?

Apronymous likes this.
Mods: Rainbows