1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bindable Emotes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duplolas, Nov 13, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

As you can tell by my profile picture and signature, I love the :B): emote. If you have ever played with me in-game I constantly, and when I mean constantly, I do mean constantly, am using emotes.

Just to put you into prospective, I use emotes so much that when playing games like Dota, LoL, Skyrim, etc. I actually press the numbers 1-4 when something happens in game, expecting one of the emotes to come up!

In-game I mainly use ::)::>:(: because they are really the only ones I can reach easily while fighting. There are some others that I would like to use, like :B):, that I can't always get to when fighting because it requires me to open up the emote circle and select it that way.

Why not allow players to bind which emotes they want to use in-game to the different number keys that are already used in game. There are times when I want to use many of the other emotes, specifically the :up::down::left::right: and :ladder: ones. But it is always such a pain to look through all of them to find them in time. KAG is too fast paced of a game to do that. To quote how I really feel "I ain't got time for that".

So TL;DR

Allowing custom binds for each emote through a quick access menu in the options tab would be a great thing to implement, im my opinion atleast.

Sponncx likes this.
  2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

You can already edit them. The file for that is "X/KAG/Base/Entities/Common/Emotes/emotehotkeys.as". You'll just have to fill in the names of the emotes of your choice.

3. Bint

Bint Haxor

4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Oh wow. Thats really nice. But along with my idea, I proposed it be a setting in the options menu. Not everyone, especially now with the steam release, is smart enough to do this. I don't know how many people actually hop on the KAG forums who have bought the game. Then out of those people how many can find that thread. Then out of those people how many can actually do this right?

I also play KAG on 5+ different computers since I play it in school alot. Doing this on every computer would take some time.

Thanks for the thread link btw. Ill be doing it on my home computer when I get home today.

5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

You can just upload it to your dropbox or put that file on a USB stick if you want to transfer it, lol. Also, if we're going by your logic, how many people actually use the number keys to do emotes? Many of those new Steam players are using the emote menu through Q to do emotes. Also it kinda sounds like as if you're implying they're stupid, which they most likely aren't, so if they know how to google (which I believe they can) then they'll find the forums, a link to IRC and maybe someone lurking in it to show them the thread that Bitch_Pleasicus linked.

Aaaaanyway, a little ingame menu where you could change the emotes assigned to keys would be kinda nice to have.

Rubixxcube likes this.
  6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Its not that i'm calling them stupid, i'm saying they are too new to the game to do this themselves. I apologize if anyone is offended by what I said. Games should allow the easiest of access to different options. If something is changeable by going into the files and changing it that way, there should be a easier way to do it created by the game devs themselves, as long as they don't think it could break the game or anything ::D:.

Also thank you for agreeing. I already had one of my suggestions implemented. I wanna see how many I can get in-game! Lol.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  7. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Being not everyone is computer savvy or wants to spend a lot of time going through and editing some game files(or are paranoid they would break stuff like some people I know), I support this idea!

Might be nice to have different things depending on what kinda server I am playing on without needing to go into the game files each time, just need to switch around which keys do what instead!

Klokinator likes this.
  8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah I'd like bindable emotes over the config menu too. Editing files is always a pain, and if you wanna look at it another way, this game got 25,000 purchases at $9 a pop which means not accounting for steam's cut, that's about $225,000. I think a little gui editing for the longtime fans and the soon to be additional 50,000+ fans wouldn't be asking a lot. Also, most other games (I say 'most' but honestly I can't think of any that are the exception) have rebindable buttons for every function tied to a button.

9. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

Set it in the option menu,
    much easier.

10. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Even if you can already do this in the files, It wont hurt to make it a setting.

And it will be less of a bitch to edit.

Mods: Rainbows