1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

"Workshop" Patch Now Causing Sound Issues

Discussion in 'General Help' started by vandolin, Oct 28, 2011.

1. vandolin

vandolin Shipwright

I started play KAG a few days before the "Workshop" patch which hit a couple of days ago, and it ran fine. Something in that patch, however, is causing some kind of issue. I have to go into autoconfig and turn sound off, otherwise I can get some serious hanging issues when many sounds are triggered at once (i.e. a bomb gibbing multiple people, a building collapsing, etc.). When I turn sound off, it runs perfectly.

I double checked all of my drivers to be safe, and everything is up to date. Is there a way to work around this? Normally it runs fine. Just things like lots of gib making sound or a building collapsing is doing it. I would love to play with sound :)

Also, fantastic game, I am hooked. Going Premium was a no brainer when I saw your planned features to come.

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Linux or Windows?

3. vandolin

vandolin Shipwright

It's Windows XP, sorry I should have mentioned that. I did some poking around and I fixed it by changing "global s_system" from 0 (autodetect) to 3 (Windows MM). Hope this helps others who have similar issues.

illu likes this.