1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The meaning of your name?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eggnogg, Jan 31, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

When i was young i used to watch a little japanese tv show called pecola about a penguin and his freinds tat lived in a city called Cube Town. I dont know why but i named myself after that.

2. I listened to a (metal) song called Madhouse, which contains the word "Insane". I always liked that word. MTL is what's left from my old crappy name x) It means MeTaL =)

3. Yokomuri

Yokomuri Catapult Fodder

Well there is nothing much to my story,when I first started anime,the second anime i watched
    was Gurren Lagann ,and Yoko was a pretty awesome character and that's all there is to my story.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    Galabranth and Ej like this.
  4. lilramboST6

lilramboST6 Shipwright

Rambo was already taken...

Just kidding, I've just used this crappy name for awhile so I kept it and added some random stuff at the end.

5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

for those of you that don't know my story.... Nighthawk won an account, but it was already named, and he gave it to me
    'nuff said

UnnamedPlayer and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It's not a shabby name though. All things considered. :)

7. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

DarkRP admin years back.

DarkRP theme of the week is "Nazis VS Fallout [Insert Faction]."

Join Hitler in the Fuhrer bunker underground, we all have different variations of German names spelled wrong.

"I am, Yagger".

8. I have some real crystals that my grandpa gave me before he died... I was just thinking about it while I was creating a username. ;l

9. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

I have no idea. Should I be ashamed?

CrystalClear likes this.
  10. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

I've probably explained this some time previously, but my name is a reference to the novel Don Quijote. Basically rather than taking on the name of the quixotic knight* (Heh. Etymology puns!) who is the main character I took on the name of his steed. “Rocinante” is a tricky pun. It essentially means “the best hack of all the hacks.” This is what I am, I think. After two years of sticking with this game I am still a useless dingleberry in KAG, but I am the Dovahkiin of Dingleberries! (The Last Dingleberry? idk... lol)

Incidentally, I am also taking Spanish 101 at my college.

*Also Don Quijote is already taken as a username. :P

Noburu, UnnamedPlayer, hierbo and 4 others like this.
  11. Racial bias! (lol don't care I'm asian too)

Galanoth (From this MMO I used to play in the land before time, AQW)
    +
    Gabranth (Noah fon Ronsenburg from Final Fantasy XII, another great game series)
    =
    Galabranth

Sound so pompously posh rite.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  12. masterjen

masterjen Drill Rusher

My friend used to play Runescape back in the day he named his account masterjean. I also made a account on Runescape and gave him the name masterjen. So now i just use this name standard because it is easy to remember and no one else uses the name masterjen. I have been using the name masterjen for around 7 years now.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    CrystalClear likes this.
  13. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

One day, I was looking at my dog which at the time had a kibbles collar, at the same time I was watching splinter-cell gameplay. Bam, Stealthkibbler.

14. A reason?? Would I ever go so low?

Kingmit likes this.
  15. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

My name is Jan and means ''cutie''

16. Piano

Piano Bison Rider

^ What about 'Kutscher'?

17. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

I dont know about that :p

18. Spec7

Spec7 Tree Planter

Spec, I wear glasses. (thin frame)
    7 is something carried as a memento of a community who I support for. (Before KAG)
    Still KAG is a decent place to wonder around, the folks here are quite interesting.

Kingmit, Guitarman and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  19. Smilecythe

Smilecythe Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

I did hardcore techno/gabber as Smilecythe back in the days and I been using the same handle pretty much everywhere to the current day. The name was influenced by a gabber artist DJ Neophyte. Neophyte means a beginner/greenhorn FYI non-native speakers. Of course, I did not know this back then and I just liked how it sounded. With a little twist and weird affection to smiling, I came up with a handle with no purpose or message. Some people mistake it to SmileScythe or just think that the handle has something to do with scythes. They can't seem to make the distinction that there's at least a mile between the S and cythe.

20. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Mine is a little bit of a long story.

When I was in high school, an old friend of mine and I were in a biology class together and were studying different types of seeds. The two major types of seeds are called "woody dicot" and "herbaceous stem". At about the same time we decided that those both sounded like peoples' names and called each other them for reasons I cannot recall.

So, now he is Woody Dicot and I am Herbaceous Stem. To this day we still call each other those names sometimes (it was 20 years ago!), though my name has been shortened to Herb. The extra spin on it comes from the fact that this other guy is Puerto Rican, and is a native Spanish speaker. The Spanish word for 'herb' is 'hierba', but that is a feminine word, so he changed it to 'hierbo', since I'm a male and all.

Also, its awesome because its a made up word, so it is never taken on any forum I sign up for!

Noburu, Sir_Walter, Trumbles and 15 others like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi