1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Clash of the Sundered Kingdom

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Contrary, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Hey, Ej, you could record the Cedric game, I think you'll be around to do it.

2. i think i will be playing with mumble on which already makes me drop below 30fps

3. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

so.... I signed up and I am not in a house???

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You signed up late and will be assigned later probably.

5. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

I don't know about the other houses, but we seem to be finding it pretty difficult to get enough people to come for trainings, let alone matches. Given that there are a number of people on the waiting list, would it hurt to increase the size of each house and get a larger pool of players in now?

Rocinante likes this.
  6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I have actually been incrementally increasing the size of each house over the past few weeks, as you may have noticed from the trickle of new recruits. How many more people do you think you will need?

7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I rekon maybe having about 20 people in a house would be nice.

8. Azuroth

Azuroth Builder Stabber
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

Yeah Like someone is gonna live broadcast the game here in this chat that would be great.

9. SAcptm

Ah I hadn't noticed any new arrivals over at Moire, I didn't realize.

Depends how many we have waiting though! I couldn't predict how many we'd need before guaranteeing match attendance because it depends on the individuals themselves. Part of the problem is that, understandably, we've been given a mix of players from various timezones. I get the idea behind this, because we could theoretically field a team to play at any given hour throughout the day/night. The problem is that 'theoretically' though, because for any given matchtime there is only a pool of 5-6 players who are likely to be awake or online. For a 5 player match, thats a pretty small safety net. This makes the team sizes deceptive, because while it may look like we have a pool of 12 players to choose from, the reality is that you can pick any time on the clock for a match and half of them wouldn't be plausible candidates. Therefore I think the only way to compensate is by further flooding the teams with more players from each major timezone. Or to allow non-house substitutes in emergencies, but I guess the former is preferable.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  10. as someone who has run a clan made of 6-7 players in total i assure you that having 6 is for a clan war is more than enough

11. SAcptm

Your clan presumably wasn't made up of 7 people who wrote their name in a forum thread and then forgot about it

magnum357, 16th, SlyStalker and 2 others like this.
  12. Anyway, what I believe is Ej's point is that, with organization, it's possible to work with few people, maybe even better, you could have different sessions on different times, although it may be the best, is not necessary to the whole team to be training at the same match.

13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Alright thank you for the feedback. CSK is necessarily an evolving process, and a huge part of it, the human element, is not something I can readily account for ahead of time. There's no telling who will sign up, how active they will be, or how well a certain group of people will work together. Again, thanks you for letting me know and make sure to speak up if there's anything else you see that needs fixing. I will definitely push a lot more recruits through, they maybe not until I've finished this exam.

Galabranth and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  14. SAcptm

Cheers Contrary, and good luck!

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I am more than willing to record and commentate games (I could easily make commentary and non-commentary versions) without actually playing them (As a spectator), the exception being games with my own house. I am well versed in the ways of recording (And I record in HD), I just need solid times I can stick to.

16. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Klok do it please.
    That would be epic.

Oh and also I've got an idea for maps.
    Maybe make the map layouts etc to match the tile squares on the world map?

17. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Yes, making maps to suit the terrain hexes sound great!

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So long as I know when the game is and I can actually join it as a spectator, I'll be all over it. Also, I need to be able to see names hovering over people, that will add a lot to the excitement.

Geti/MM get on adding that in for spectators.

Edit: I made a sample video so you guys can see what my video quality comes out like. View it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1VXXNQowPA

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    Nabuco likes this.
  19. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Having different sprites for the terrain in different hexes type woudl be veeeery nice and inmersive too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.