1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Bison-Builder Challenge!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dantedeathhermit, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Dantedeathhermit

Dantedeathhermit Horde Gibber

This is a great challenge full of great adversity.

Play the singleplayer "adventure", fight through the baddies however you like until you get to the base above the lake with a shark and change to the builder class.

Tame the Bison (throw it some food, food can be gotten from fish cooked on fireplaces and bought from merchants) and play through the rest of the map as only a builder and his (or her) bison.
    You may not change class, you can use anything you can buy from a merchant (except the archer and knight stuff obviously) and make items on a workbench. (-and no cheating with chat commands!)

You can die->respawn as many times as you like but if your bison dies it's game over. (you can regen it's health with food, don't hit it because it will be untamed and kill you)
    I haven't managed to get all the way through yet but it should be feasible.

If you have any suggestions or ideas go ahead and post them. :)

:hammer::p:bird:
    ___:bison:___:bow::QQ:_
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

"Beware the battle cattle, but do not fear the battle cattle."

NOTE: I've noticed that if your bison is offscreen for too long it forgets you, which can lead to getting stuck unable to lead the bison safely. I may be able to find a config somewhere that can stop this, but I wanna play some TF2.
    Also some way to beat the necromancer, maybe just switch to knight on that last bit with the bison in a pen outside, then switch back and head up to the princess on your mighty stead.

2. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hmm... what an interesting idea. :D
    Would be interesting if, when you get to his castle, you can get the necromancers spare scroll of orbs and use it against him... possibly. :o

Dantedeathhermit likes this.
  3. Dantedeathhermit

I didn't know you could do anything like that, there isn't a wiki up that has any info on KAG beta so anything I know is based off of guessing spawn commands and playing the game. :(

But they're tweaking things on a weekly basis (including making the adventure map not so bloody stupid to try get to around as a knight) so who knows what you could do in, say, a month.

For one thing, sponges are really underpowered considering you can't drain a 2x4 pond... :>:(:

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

This is kinda imaginative, and damn are wisents awesome battle steeds. Today someone dominated our team with a wisent he had tamed, and because the enemy team kept feeding it with burgers we couldn't really kill it - until the rider finally died of a bomb :P

5. Dantedeathhermit

I really hate the assholes that keep trying to kill the bison I'm riding.
    It makes the bison a pain in the neck to control when it's trying to agro on a guy on the opposite side to where I'm trying to go :>:(:

It's odd how it can jump over three block high walls but get's stuck on 1 block stairs.

6. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I think you can code two extra scrolls.... you just need to grab some of the scripted codes off the necromancer in the adventure mode and huzzah! Scrolls of Magic Orbs and Scrolls of Teleportation.
    Doubt it's that easy though. :/

Starsly and ParaLogia like this.
  7. Dantedeathhermit

I want to try to code my own version of the challenge so it's more bison friendly and maybe some other crazy stuff, but I don't know how to. It's all gibberish to me. :(

I think a sort of "survival" game like the ole' Z fortress but with knights would be hella fun, build your little shack and hold them off with your army off BATTLE CATTLE!

I wish I could code mods so I can put all these crazy ideas I get into games.
    Kodaichizero made some pretty cool stuff on a whim with Minecraft.

8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

When I started using that Adventure mode... I had an idea. One I should persue once I figure out if its possible. xD
    It's pretty much called Capture the Princess. Or something to that effect... kinda a working title really. xD
    Soo.. in this gamemode, there's the Necromancer team (Or Evil Wizard if you prefer) and the normal humans.
    It's pretty much like any normal game, except the Wizards are black and humans are blue. Now.. what I was planning was to take the necromancer and make him a class with all abilities intact and such...

Only kind of difference is that he uses scrolls which are pretty much unlimited in its uses except for teleport. That's limited to 5 uses and it goes through a cool down... or it breaks.. havent really thought too much into it. I guess the cool down would last a whole minute. o-o

Now... the scrolls I have in mind are just 4. A Teleport, magic bullet (Orbs), Summon Living Armor, and finally... Mana bomb :D
    Each scroll has a cool down but if you try using a scroll in cooldown mode... you get damaged...

Starsly likes this.
  9. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

10. Dantedeathhermit

(Well that was embarrassing...)

It'd be cool if someone modded a bison-based gamemode server...

...-like bison-polo with mines!

:gear::skull::thumbs_up:
    __ :bison:

11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

First things first. How... how did you ignore me? xD
    Second thing. Bison-polo... with mines. Ingenious. Just gotta make bisons unable to pass through mines like they just dont care. o-o

12. Dantedeathhermit

(I don't know how I ignored you...)
    Assigning teams to bison might be a thing, or just having custom vehicles that look like bison...

13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh! I has an idea... could be ultra easy really. Don't change the bison configs at all. Just texture em with a colored saddle on their backs and retexture food as like... crops to throw on your bison and then assume direct control. :D
    Said bison's saddle would change to the color of the team when the crop is tossed on. Shouldnt be difficult... I think o-o

14. Sasquash

Sasquash Zicronium Merchant Donator

Nice, effectively a bison would only hit your mine if it were the enemy team. though the other notion would be to bomb an enemy with the mine as a challenge goal and you can't get off the bisons or you fail. You can either start out with the mine being carried by someone before the hop on the mine but have the mine carrier forced onto the last bison and have to toss it to his team mates who play chain throwing with c. Using W causes your team to lose. Second idea would more or less be the same but you would have like hockey sticks or long stick like objects to whack the mine forward but would need to be careful not to hit it too high to cause it to break from fall damage. also if a bison dies from delivering the mine onto the enemy possible loss though the notion might be shallow pit with an npc that was stuck in it. Have to get the mine there before a timer runs out. Mine Toss or Bison Polo would be suitable names obvoiusly with each maybe being different versions of more or less the same objective.

Third notion would be a Bison based Jailbreak, each team has captured their enemy teams Bison. When you "die" you spawn into a jail, your team can sneakily make a break for it with you by destroying a certain area, you would try to ride back to base on your bisons without dying, the catch? 8 vs 8 would feature 4 bison per side. You can only jailbreak so many times. The enemy would probably fix the spot you destroyed before the next jailbreak. Possibly enable more than one person on a bison in case none of the captured team mates are builders. Prisoners with bombs would want to make sure they weren't hitting their teams bison. Amusing hidden feature as an idea: An inaccessible (behind four thick stone walls) merchant. Money gained on kills before jailed. Jailing would not remove coins. X3 if a builder is present they would probably try to get to the merchant for a drill or similar items (Drill, trampoline, bombs, kegs and fire and water and bomb arrows would all be available)

I feel ya on not knowing how to code. Just throwing some crazy ideas out there.

15. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

How did you come up with this idea :D?

16. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Never expected someone to suddenly revive a 3 month old topic, but alrighty :D

Now... that last idea... the Jail Break idea. Fantastic idea... I can see how awesome it can be if modded properly. :D
    It kinda reminds me of the minecraft minigame "Cops and Robbers" just that in this game... you're tossed into jail when you die.
    Small edit. Why not have it where the jail cell... have a trader inside it. Like some sort of bunk buddy named Freddy who sells ya goodies in order to break out... like the drill for instance.. as well as some bombs and maybe a change in class. In short, he's a fusion of a hall and a shop. You can also buy arrows from him as well. The classes as named by meh since this apparently is a jail breaking minigame: the knight is the big tough guy with a shiv, archers are guys who managed to craft guns, and the builders... dudes with spoons.

Another edit. Only have one jail cell. Make it a Cops and Robbers like game where the Cops will attempt to defend the jail cell. The guys who get captured will have to try to find a way out, mostly by tunneling or something like that. Sadly, the drill can only be used for so long before it breaks, so you need to use it sparingly.

17. Dantedeathhermit

The thing you must remember about the Minecraft and Gmod jail break games is that it's all about roleplaying.

Perhaps it'd be better suited if there is one player chosen as a sort-of Dungeon Master to be able to give other players cash to buy things with from the trader, on both sides, and be able to communicate privately to either side, and perhaps a few other little things, they could just be like a ghost floating around through the map, or a player that cannot be killed nor kill anyone himself either.

Maybe even a target protection gamemode like Defend The King in Chivalry.

Some crazy times could be had with this.

18. Sasquash

Sasquash Zicronium Merchant Donator

I still think a traditional all out warfare with whichever side winds up in the jail trying to escape would be amusing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 10, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 10, 2013 ---
    There was an actual mod called Jailbreak Source that was out for like a month and then died horribly. it featured special easter eggs for the team that managed to keep all its prisoners in their cells, in game executions and what not. Bison Breakout would be a little more based on trying to escape. I actually mentioned having a merchant behind like a one block thick stone wall, captured miners would have to dig their way to him.