1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Desura -> Steam Key Conversion Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Dec 6, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Old Desura users should now be able to claim a key for a steam copy of the game. New Desura users will no longer be able to claim a steam key.

Jrgp apologises profusely for this taking so long and assures us it’s working properly now, be sure to get in contact with support if you have any further issues with it though so they can be sorted out ASAP.

To summarise the way things should work from now on:

• Old Desura users can claim a single steam key from the kag2d.com panel.
    • New Steam and Desura users will not be able to claim any extra keys.
    • New Direct kag2d.com customers will be able to claim both.

Glad to have this hopefully behind us.

Have fun,

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

2. seeder12

seeder12 Catapult Fodder

i cant connect to any of your servers to play online.

3. tortov

tortov Catapult Fodder

Thanks for the update. But there is no option in my panel to retrieve my steam key, (only Change password/email and Downlaod booklet).

4. JhonKnight

JhonKnight Catapult Fodder

Same problem here.

5. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

same

6. Devil_Man_X

Devil_Man_X Catapult Fodder

No option to claim the key and no steam key on desura. So much for it being fixed.

7. M00SHAK

M00SHAK Haxor

I dont even know what Desura is... Is there any other way to convert my account to steam?

8. Devil_Man_X

Devil_Man_X Catapult Fodder

Desura is an indie retailer. Think Steam but ONLY for indie games. Those of us that bought the game on Desura were supposed to get Steam keys at launch and still have not gotten them. That is what this post is about. If you want the game on Steam then you must have bought it on Steam or you need to look into which retailer you bought it from and get a key that way. If you bought it from the KAG site you should be able to get your key there and just add it to Steam.

9. Uraotoko

Uraotoko Catapult Fodder

Same problem here.
    How hard can it be to issue steam keys... lol. I'd like to know what the problem was specificaly just out of curiosity.

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Going off a number of PM's I've received recently: if you're still having difficulties please email support@thd.vg asap. The longer you leave it the harder it is for us to help you (and we really do want to help!)

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Furai will be making a post about this soon - he turned off the steam key generation almost as soon as it was turned on again due to an exploit generating keys. I'll let him announce it being turned on again when he's ready, because I'm sick of announcing this as fixed and then having someone else pull the plug.

12. Uraotoko

Uraotoko Catapult Fodder

I was able to generate the steam key via the panel, and the activation was successful! Spread the word

13. JhonKnight

JhonKnight Catapult Fodder

Well... new problem.

I try to generate the Steam key using the panel but I get this message: "You got gold via desura after the steam cutoff period".

I transformed my account in gold the past week but I bought the game in desura MONTHS AGO.

Please, solve my problem as soon as posible.

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

15. Geti

Contact support directly. Honestly I don't understand why people would buy from desura if they wanted a steam key.

16. MLGGaAn9sStT3R

MLGGaAn9sStT3R Catapult Fodder

Thanks for the information.

17. HOW THE HELL DO U GET A STEAM KEY I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE THIS OUT

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

If you're actually expecting help then either:

a) Post more info than "it dun work waaa" (and lay off the capslock); or
    b) Email support@thd.vg with more info than "it dun work waaa" (and lay off the capslock).
    And yes, you're welcome. :huh?: