1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Launching From Ballistas

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duplolas, Nov 25, 2013.

?

Yes or No?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I have had this idea for awhile, thought it was about time I suggested it.

Basically what I propose is that you should be able to "ride" ballista bolts when they are fired. I know this sounds like a really really dumb idea, but hear me out.

Ballista bolts do not fly as far as far as when a knight is launched from a catapult, but they have one key element over the catapult. You can climb ballista bolts once they hit something, which is where my idea comes in.

If you were to "ride" a ballista bolt, you would then be able to land on an enemy wall higher up than you ever could go by jumping. This would then allow you to get over the enemy wall and attack them from behind.

The cases where this could be used would be more often than you think. After playing for about a hour or so, I would run into a case where this could help me.

Regular ballista bolts would now get a buff aswell.

Thoughts and idea?

2. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

Totally unnecessary. Buildings are already sandcastles.

3. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Some of the quickly and poorly built ones are, not all are as easily destructible as you say.

4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I feel that this isn't a good idea, Bomb-jumping, grappling, arrow-climbing, and laddering are all very efficient ways to get over towers.

5. I think this should only be available to archers because knights already have so many ways of getting over a castle. This could be done by grappling onto a ballista bolt when fired.

6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Knights already have bombjumping, double-jumping, the ability to climb arrows / ladders, chickens, and even the cata (which does a better job if set up right). Ballistas are spawn-points, and their explosive bolts are one of the most destructive things in the game (if you count how fast you can fire them out in succession if aimed right). Add an ability for people to climb them or ride them and that just decreases the defensive value of walls, as they're pretty low already to a skilled knight.

Ballista bolts /could/ get a buff, since when they hit stone / wood blocks on towers they seem to maybe do 25% damage, and their damage on regular players is pretty eh.

Apronymous and Klokinator like this.
  7. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

I dont think that would be good, and btw , its pretty unrealistic.
    You got the catapult,nothing else is needed to be launched
    on a castle.

8. Bravo_4

Bravo_4 Catapult Fodder

I think it could be a hilarious addition if tweaked to have different behavior. Someone fired out of a ballista if done near to or at full charge Could experience a catastrophic kinetically influenced landing. People fired out of it would be attached to a bolt, and would experience things like skidding, and being stuck to a wall for a "few" moments, after which they cut themselves free.

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I like and agree with everything here except the buff to bolts. They don't need it, that's why we have explosive bolts. (Which are, btw, insanely cheap, quickfiring, long range bomb arrows that can shread any defense in under a minute.)

10. SamuraiCupcake

SamuraiCupcake Builder Stabber

Yeah, and with all things said and done, if you absolutely want more mobility for your knight, just fly with a chicken.
    -1 to this, sorry. Wouldn't want to ride an explosive bolt :eek:

Mods: Rainbows