1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Messed up sprites.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Supersonic196, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Supersonic196

Supersonic196 Shipwright

The fist picture is big, So I'm linking it.

http://puu.sh/7GE4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Normally I wouldn't have a problem. But after the update came (which is amazing btw)
    the graphics started acting up.

I played KAG on a different computer earlier today, and it looked fine.

Also, while in game it's only the knight that's messed up. I've already uninstalled and then re-installed on three different occasions. Any idea how I would fix this?

Mathewson likes this.
  2. Mathewson

Mathewson Shopkeep Stealer

so we finally meet sadfaceknight

3. Supersonic196

Supersonic196 Shipwright

4. EdgeWing

EdgeWing Shopkeep Stealer

Lol well i have an idea to fix it small GUI could be your issue try turning it off or on i think that may help if that dont work redownload the game =)

5. Supersonic196

Supersonic196 Shipwright

eh... nothing... Thanks anyways.

Does anyone have a fix?

6. EdgeWing

Np well what do u have windows 7 windows XP Mac ?

7. Supersonic196

Supersonic196 Shipwright

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is a non 2^n resolution problem.

If you can, update your graphics drivers. If not you'll have to manually pad your images so that their resolution in each direction is a value equal to 2^n where n is any non-negative integer and ^ is the "to the power of" operator not XOR.

Ghozt likes this.
  9. EdgeWing

The graphic drivers of course thankyou i knew it just never got to say it you beat me to it

10. Supersonic196

Supersonic196 Shipwright

Sorry for the bump. But I've updated my drivers, and nothing's changed. and it's not a problem with the resolution because everything looks fine except for the knights, buildings, and catapults.

I also know that there weren't any problems with it until the update, and when playing it on Vista it's fine. Could the update have made it incompatible with XP for some reason?

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This should've been partly fixed in the most recent update - it's a non-2^n issue where old hardware craps out with images that aren't of certain dimensions. We'll work on getting autopadding implemented to fix it once and for all but it should be fixed for almost everything in-game now.

12. i have the same problem, but with almost all sprites, which makes whole game ugly. im using radeon 9550, so it certainly is old hardware

13. Geti

norill update your graphics drivers and see if that helps, your openGL could be borked/drastically outdated.

Ghozt likes this.
  14. AMD Driver Autodetect says i have that latest driver. i tried running KAG on my sister's netbook, same problem (win7, apparently no GPU)

15. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Haxor

Give me your knight sprite files please (drive:ProgramFiles/KAG/base/sprites/maleknight, maleknightred), i think i know whats wrong

16. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

If you're running it off a laptop, you should use drivers provided from the laptop company as opposed to drivers directly from the graphics card makers (i.e. AMD). I had this problem when I recently got a new laptop - the resolution was all fucked and the game was running really slow. I FINALLY found the most recent driver made by HP for my AMD 6770M (theyre bloody hard to find), and everything is working swell.

17. did you mean knightMale and knightMaleRed? blue knight sprite is 32x1024 which is 2^n but red one is 32x960 and it is seriously fucked up. i mean he looks like his face is morphing. so it most certainly is a non-2^n issue

Attached Files:

18. Geti

The red one isn't used at the moment - it still has heads. We're dynamically recolouring the sprites in memory.

19. NECRO
    i bought a new PC. it still looks ugly and borked on 800x600 but on 1024x768 its ok

20. Geti

it will always do that at non-native resolutions because we do not want to give players with larger monitors a larger view of the play field.