1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[PETITION TO REMOVE WATER AMMO]

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Contrary, Sep 7, 2013.

?

Should water ammo be removed?

1. Yes.

30.6%
  2. No.

32.9%
  3. No, but it needs lots of changes.

36.5%
  1. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

If it is removed, then leave it in the game files so it can still be potentially used on modded servers, even if it isn't available by default.

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

>removing the one line posts
    >vote
    >relevant
    >discussion

wow mod abuse ruining my thread

3. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

well, then tell me this:
    if ALL the builders help the knights get over for example a tower, and the hall is left aone and somone sets fire to it, what would you do then? (this has happened to me before)

4. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Stockpiled buckets.

At the very least, keep the art assets, since it seems you can't share anything other than scripts between the server and client... the water effects can be scavenged from water buckets.

5. king-george

no,no,no, i mean, yes even if you have tons of buckets of water, what if you are very far away from the buckets and the fire

6. Boea

Boea Such Beta

So you are saying people in the game have no sense of forethought?
    Your hypothetical situation is arbitrarily disadvantaging the use of water buckets in favor of water ammo.

If there is no water on the map, completely, then it makes for an interesting experience for the players, especially since directional platforms are notably fire proof for some reason.
    That and it makes wooden structures, like sky bridges less immortal, when the team isn't actively capable of stockpiling 10 buckets, the damn things are about 50 wood, or something, for 3 large splashes per filling.

Anyways, the issue here is balancing water to fire, and water has an extreme advantage over fire.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  7. king-george

well, even if wood doesnt cost alot...ok, what if you have a giant wooden castle for example...

8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

If it is a creative server, why would you have fire enabled, or attainable?

If it is a TTH-based server, if you had the time to make a large wooden castle, then you have time to make important portions of it fire-proof, via directional plats [20w as opposed to 10w/Wood Wall] or stone.
    Past that fire takes time to spread, and you would still have enough time to stockpile water buckets, and repair damages with stone or wood.

The general reason why people don't do this is because wood is honestly that easily produced, and it is seen as a liability to have so much unprotected wood around [because it lasts about a third as long to destroy as stone, and even knights can mine through it, disregarding the existence of fire]; and this is disregarding how much your team would have preferred you to use the time/resources you spent on the castle for something else, maybe mining stone or gold or building factories.

9. PixelatedHero

PixelatedHero Catapult Fodder

Water ammo was a good idea...why do you want it to be gone?

10. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

In my opinion Water Ammo, be it water bombs or water arrows has a good role in KAG. However there are some aspects that I find frustrating with their mechanics, namely the triggering of its effect from colliding with team mates, excessive stun AOE and the effect passing through solid walls. If it was up to me to balance Water Ammo, these would be my changes.

Water Bomb & Water Ammo
    • Stun is only applied to the blob that the water bomb collides with
    • Stun is only applied to non shielding opponents
    • A direct hit against a shielding opponent will break shielding for X ticks and slow movement speed
    • Slightly reduced area of effect
    • Doesn't collide with team mates
    • Area of effect doesn't pass through solid objects
    Buckets
    • Stun is only applied to the blob that the thrown bucket collides with
    • Stun is only applied to non shielding opponents
    • A direct hit against a shielding opponent will break shielding for X ticks and slow movement speed
    • Doesn't collide with team mates
    • Splash and thrown splash AOE doesn't pass through solid objects
    • Storing buckets in backpack or storage doesn't remove water charges
    I know I am missing something but I just cant put my finger on it, will edit this post when I remember what it was.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    Rocinante, JeysonMcfly and Contrary like this.
  11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Because they have an excessive stun range, and are very unreliable, leading to interesting situations where you stun yourself many times, and making the game devolve into stun locking.

Past that, water ammo gives too many options to, or make dousing fire to easy, as to make the feature meaningless in most games.

You forget you can use buckets without having to throw them, or rather you haven't noted that in your list of changes...

And, you forgot about the issue of having dousing fires be too freaking easy/common.

12. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

in my opinion, water ammo is a great thing, for example as archer. you can shoot at an enemy knight, grappple over him and run from him away, or... as knight their are very usefull too, just throw the water bomb at enemy, than he cant move and kill him, an other way is if an enemy knight lights a normal bomb, you wait like 2 seconds, throw it at him and then he stunns, and the bomb blows up in his hands, so if you ask me, water ammo is very cool and usefully.

13. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

The reasons you quoted - especially the stun lock - are the reasons why people want it to be gone.

14. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

yes, but just because they are the ones who get stunned, its their problem if they dont use water ammo, it makes KAB more strategic and i think MM and Geti had a reason to add it.
    maybe something to say here is too, that bombammo doesnt stick in enemys anymore ( knights ) they can shake the arrow of, and so i think that water ammo is the omliest ammo for archers that they have to... umm ... come through the enemy lines

15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Agreeing with removal of water ammo.

Never liked it much anyway. Though I feel like water arrows are one of an Archer's few available tactics to avoid getting murdered by Knights (as well as being incredibly helpful when shot into a horde) I think that the inability to evade/block it really makes it kinda cheap.

Also, as previously stated, fire becomes really easy to take care of if you have just one water ammo shop.

16. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Regarding the water bombs, I have voted no because I can see quite a potential use to it. Like LordReudh mentioned, a fire fighting ability would not hurt adding it but keeping the same effect. And in addition, what if the water bombs can douse bombs or kegs?

I know it may sound too OP (overpowered), but with its current effects, it can be considered useless by other players. I use it when given the chance and if I have been supplied, but it is a struggle to constantly use it because of its self-inflicting stun. What if adding more elements into it, such as dousing bombs or even to the point of breaking, water bombs will be used with more efficiency and significantly increase its effectiveness in clashes.

The changes does not have to be drastic or anything. Let's just say, it could at least affect the interval of the bomb/keg explosion. You guys decide; water bombs do need a change.

17. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Waterbombs are annoying, If I really wanted to, I could stack cash until I had a ton, then just load up my team on them, and walk a builder right in with little resistance.

Best nerf you could do would be to have them not pierce shields, but removal would be better.

Water Arrows are useful, as they take long enough to charge where you can prepare to dodge them.

Water arrows might be better if their area was a bit smaller, but it would not make a big difference.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  18. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

im gonna cry if this doesnt get water ammo a serious nerf, i mean its pretty damn obvious now that many people dislike water ammo the way it is, its becoming a spam fest on tth and its becoming the most annoying thing in the world on ctf when that one guy thats not even good tosses it and reks you even tho your power level is 10 billion times larger then his own.

19. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

It shouldn't be nerfed, just modified, it's just that players doesn't understand how to protect against it.
    Also there is almost no people against this coming here.

20. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

how can you say that when most of the people here are saying that :> also look at the votes asu ::D: