1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Spike/Shrapnel mines

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sponncx, Dec 8, 2013.

?

Would you like something like this to be in the game?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

I removed the old post, and have replaced it with a new, re-written form of the same idea.

I wrote it like shit, that's my bad.

Ok, so Shrapnel or Spike mines would be an form of the current mine that could be purchased for a combination of stone and gold from the builder shop. They would cost about 30 gold and 25 stone.

Shrapnel mines would basically be used by builders as a defensive item.
    You throw them down, they activate like normal mines, and then when touched by an enemy they explode releasing damaging shrapnel, which would hurt nearby players.

Shrapnel mines would NOT cause damage to the environment.

Shrapnel mines would be a way of defending the builder and structures.
    It would help especially against rushes, as enemies would be forced to go slower in bases.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Klokinator likes this.
  2. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

I was really hoping it was a mine that laid down spikes. I don't see how this is different then the current mines except there's no explosion.

3. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

i dont see it as a necesary feature in game right now

Aeroblitzer likes this.
  4. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Theres no explosion so they can't be used to wreak enemy bases, and you can without destroying your buildings put it on your own base.

5. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

I see the cleverness now. Once or twice I've seen someone put a dent in their own base using their own mine.

6. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

You explained the reason to have these poorly, In the OP you should add that these are mines you could place in your own base for defense, as current mines can only be used as offence.

7. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

As bru-jaz said, it is not a needed in-game right now, maybe in future when the game is good and devs have time for little features yes, but not now.

8. Kramgnauh

Kramgnauh Bison Rider

I've seen many builders foolishly putting the current mines with flag. So I think a mine that does no damage to structures is a welcome sight for more base defenses

Mods: Rainbows