1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Starbound Beta

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Klokinator, Dec 4, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I was looking forward to playing this today, but it's not working for most Mac users. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

4. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I want this game so bad. D: don't have the money D:

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

#Ferozium

e: Shortly after Impervium, shortly after that, I found out that if you go high enough you will lose your character (Game crash -> Won't be able to reload), also will crash the attached server if on an mp server.
    Already back up to Ferozium almost haha, this game is 3ez

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Anyone willing to buy me a copy for some Dota 2 items or TF2 Hats?

I have well over $150 in worth from my items. I really want it because I have a girl-friend who has been ranting about how good it is and wants me to buy it.

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If I had the money I'd be running another christmas event on my forum like I did last year when I bought everyone a copy of terraria. Thing is though, Terraria was $2.50 and $5, not $15. I'll wait for a sale on starbound XD

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

if u want 2 pley with me add me on steam k thx

9. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

10. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

IF anybody wants to play Starbound with me, I'm [TE]Invaders on Steam.

11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

:O
    You should dew it again, I wanna get a copy of Starbound :DDDDDD

Digger101 likes this.
  12. BlueLuigi

30 hours in I was at full final tier gear, lost my character due to some bug searching, made it there again already. The game is fun, but will be much more fun when we see some more things come in

1)ATM it's a bit easy and rewarding especially if you find the right stuff to play 'hard'
    2)Fuel costs seem a bit low even later, with more people pooled it gets crazy
    3)The bosses past the first one still cannot break dirt, this makes them piss easy, too easy
    4)Finding an airship of a decent level is OP atm if you get the proper guns
    5)Skipping tech levels is too easy, you can get tons of Aegisalt for the gear of Forzium (sp?), to last til Impervium
    6)Rubium/etc is way too rich in higher level planets
    7)Iron/Copper is nonexistant in higher level planets heavily losing the value of using ores as 'pixel storage' (Keep it in a refinery or in ore/bar form to refine later for money)
    8)Unless there is some trick, I've found no use for regular village spawners, it doesn't seem they can become merchants or if they can the chance is extremely low, I've spawned 40-50 and have had not a single one turn into anything special.
    9)Coords OP (I did the first playthrough without them, the second one using coords I knew personally)

Guns are too cheap.

13. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

FULL TIER GEAR? WHAT? Wow you got lucky with your spawn then. I got put on this deserted no life planet with barely any resources.

I also had no idea what I was doing and accidentally killed the leader of the only life on the actual planet, that caused the game to basically turn into Dark Souls 2d.

14. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Wattt!!! Pls make a guide cause I'm a really baddie at getting past gold tier

15. windwizard999

windwizard999 Haxor

internet pirates incoming

16. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

People who pirate awesome indie games are the worst scum on the entire internet.

17. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

They sail the seven interwebs looking for shit to looot to pass around like a bong. :D

18. BlueLuigi

For silver and gold, if you mean armor I skip them personally.

In order to easily progress you go find high level planets in your area. Find a lvl 10 airship by amassing fuel and checking many planets for an 'anchor' (or village), buy a lvl 10 gun, summon first boss with beacon, kill him.

You now have beta sector, find a lvl 20 airship village, get a new 20 AP gun, get the material (Iron+Coal->Steel) for the Robot, activate, fight, make Robotic Crafting Table.

You now have gamma sector, find a lvl 30 airship village, get a 30AP gun, get the material for the Decoy Princess (Titanium + Fabric), titanium can be found in lvl 20-30 planets, search around especially the higher level ones while you're getting the airship village to get enough titanium (50 bars). Summon the last boss, kill him.

You now have Sector X, find alvl 40 airship village and you can kill anything with the guns you buy there (or melee weapons) pretty effectively, until you find a 40+ melee weapon on the ground somewhere, preferably from Miniboss (Legendary), each planet has one, they have those red glowing things and are a bit larger.

From here you are looking for Aegisalt (32+), Cerulium (34+), Rubium (38-40 it seems)
    Check for the Tech upgrades (Durasteel Tech Upgrade->etc), do them all in order, save enough Rubium (70 bars) for an Impervium set.
    GG.

After that all you care about is tech and making a base. If you raid lots of villages you can find spawners which will give you things like Wizards, Doctors, etc for your village.

You can also put all of your stuff on your ship, don't put NPCs there they will try and drive your ship and get you stuck.

19. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Well right after I posted that I manage to kill the first boss, get all the stuff, killed the second, and now I just need some more pixels to make the robot table. I was exploring the beta zone and I'm keep getting ohk. Thanks, I need armor!

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

I know a million people have asked this on the official Starbound forum, but have you tried to run the game on a low-end computer or a laptop?

The game is not optimized yet, which makes it difficult to know if your comp will run it or not.

Thank you for your answer.

Mods: BlueLuigi